Prison Legal News staff are available for media interviews -- radio, television, newspaper and magazine -- about a variety of prison and criminal justice-related issues. Please select the person below based on their area of expertise and availability. Also, see the In the News section of this website for examples of our media footprint. including articles in which our staff were quoted.
For our national media guide for HRDC/PLN staff, please click here.
PLN Editor Paul Wright is available for telephone, television and in-person interviews, as well as speaking engagements and questions submitted by phone or email on the following topics:
- Conditions in state and federal prisons, censorship and free speech issues, criminal justice issues ranging from policing to parole and post-release conditions, children of prisoners, visitation, private prisons, prison labor and more.
- Prison Nation (Routledge Press 2003), co-edited by Paul Wright and Tara Herivel.
- Prison Profiteers (The New Press, 2008), co-edited by Paul Wright and Tara Herivel.
For more information about Paul, who also serves as executive director of the Human Rights Defense Center, click here.
Call 561-360-2523 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (East Coast time) Monday through Friday to arrange interviews, or email: email@example.com.
HRDC General Counsel Daniel Marshall is available for telephone, television or email interviews on the following topics:
- Prisoners' legal and constitutional rights
- Law enforcement's use of force
- Police conduct and accountability
- Government transparency and public records statutes
For more information about Daniel, please click here.
Call 561-360-2523 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (East Coast time) Monday through Friday to arrange interviews, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.