As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from Mark Wilson:
- Vermont Supreme Court Rules DUI Breath Test Subject to Voluntariness Challenge Despite Implied Consent Law, Aug. 21, 2019
- Oregon Supreme Court: Claim Based on New Rule of Constitutional Law Cognizable in Untimely Oregon PCR Action, Aug. 19, 2019
- Body-Wire Evidence of Oregon Jail Murder for Hire Plot Must be Suppressed; Solicitation Does Not Support Attempted Murder Conviction, July 28, 2019
- Miranda Violation Required Suppression of Oregon BAC Results, July 13, 2019
- Possibility of Oregon Supreme Court Review Determined by Objective Considerations, Not Affidavits from Justices for IAC Prejudice, July 13, 2019
- Wrongful Death Suit Highlights 'Pattern' of Oregon Police Shooting Mentally Ill Homeless People, July 12, 2019
- Oregon Crime Victims and Prosecutors Lose Fight to Bulletproof Draconian Sentencing Law, July 12, 2019
- Oregon Supreme Court: State Constitution Requires Warrant to Specify When Internet Searches Occurred, June 17, 2019
- Ninth Circuit: Washington State Accomplice Liability Drug Offenses Not ACCA Predicates, June 17, 2019
- Oregon Transitional Leave Violations Require Morrissey Due Process Protections, June 5, 2019
More from these topics:
- $100,000 Withheld from Washington Jail for Failure to Fully Implement Ban on Juvenile Solitary Confinement, Aug. 6, 2019. Misconduct/Corruption, Jail Specific, Control Units, Juveniles, Juvenile Prisons.
- Ninth Circuit Rejects Lawsuit by California Prisoners Over Exposure to Valley Fever, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Infections.
- $30,000 Settlement for Pennsylvania Pretrial Detainee Subjected to Excessive Force, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Excessive Force, Settlements, Mental Health, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- After Needless Prisoner Deaths, Connecticut DOC Takes Over Prison Healthcare, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical.
- ‘They need to be marked for life’, July 17, 2019. Medical, Forcible Treatment, Involuntary Treatment/Drugging.
- West Virginia Supreme Court Announces Parole Eligibility Statute for Prisoners Who Committed Crimes as Minors is Retroactive, July 17, 2019. Parole, Juveniles.
- $3 Million Settlement Where Prison Doctor Failed to Treat Disabled Illinois Prisoner, July 3, 2019. Wexford Health Services, Disabled Prisoners, Medical, Failure to Treat, Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Minnesota Prisoners Win Access to New Hepatitis C Medications, July 2, 2019. Medical, Medication, Hepatitis.
- Michigan Prisoner Dies from Cocaine Overdose, Sergeant and Paramedics Charged, $3.75 Million Settlement, July 2, 2019. Misconduct/Corruption, Medical, Drug Overdose, Settlements, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Drug Treatment/Rehab.
- Arrestee Dies in a Jail with No Medical Staff; Eleventh Circuit Reverses Dismissal, July 2, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Injury -- Misc., Jail Specific, Wrongful Death, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.