by Christopher Zoukis
A 46-year-old county jail administrator agreed to a $115,000 settlement with Gray County, Texas, after her employment was ended because of a prolonged medical absence.
Shelly McCarn had been employed with Gray County for 15 years. On December 21, 2009, she took some time off ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from Christopher Zoukis:
- $132,300 Awarded to Florida Prisoner After Hand Crushed in Cell Door, June 21, 2018
- Louisiana Prisoner Beaten by Prison Guards Settles Civil Rights Claim, June 21, 2018
- California Prisoner Threatened and Maltreated by Prison Guards Settles, June 21, 2018
- Mother of California State Prisoner Receives Settlement in Wrongful Death of Son, June 21, 2018
- Mother of Utah Prisoner Who Starved to Death in County Jail Accepts Settlement, June 21, 2018
- $400,000 Settlement Accepted by Michigan Parolee Over Force by Police, Parole Officers, June 21, 2018
- California Prisoner Denied Adequate Exercise Time Accepts Settlement, June 21, 2018
- $224,528 Awarded to County Jail Employee in New York Retaliation Suit, June 21, 2018
- Daughter of Texas Prisoner Who Died from Asthma Attack Receives Settlement, June 21, 2018
- $50,000 Settlement for New York Female Prisoner Fondled by Physician's Assistant, June 20, 2018
More from these topics:
- Louisiana Prisoner Beaten by Prison Guards Settles Civil Rights Claim, June 21, 2018. Medical, Conditions of Confinement, Eighth Amendment, Excessive Force, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- Mother of Utah Prisoner Who Starved to Death in County Jail Accepts Settlement, June 21, 2018. Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Failure to Protect (General), Food, Jail Specific, Wrongful Death, Mental Health, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- $224,528 Awarded to County Jail Employee in New York Retaliation Suit, June 21, 2018. Sexual Assault, Staff-Prisoner Assault, Retaliation, Jail Specific, 1964 Civil Rights Act, Guards/Staff.
- $25,000 Awarded to New York Prison Inmate Over Medical Mistreatment, June 20, 2018. Medical, Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Eighth Amendment, Damages.
- California Casino Patron Settles Civil Rights Suit with Casino and Tehama County Sheriff's Department, June 20, 2018. Medical, Failure to Treat, Settlements, Police, False Arrest, Excessive Force (Police), Fourteenth Amendment, rights, Fifth Amendment.
- $95,000 Settlement in Suit Over Idaho Jail Prisoner's Death, June 16, 2018. Medical, Drug Overdose, Overcrowding, Ventilation, Jail Specific, Settlements, Probation, 1964 Civil Rights Act, Wrongful Death, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Staff Training, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- California Prisoner Denied Medical Treatment Settles Suit with Prison Medical Staff, June 16, 2018. Medical, Vision, Surgery, Misdiagnosis, Eighth Amendment, Settlements, Guards/Staff.
- Corrections Corporation of America Settles Medical Neglect Suit with Louisiana Prisoner, June 16, 2018. Private Prisons, Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Medical, Medication, Eighth Amendment, Settlements.
- Settlement in Federal Suit Over Treatment of Disabled Detainees in Northern California Jail, June 7, 2018. Disabled Prisoners, Showers, Toilets, Education, Americans with Disabilities Act, Denial of Religious Services.
- Hudson County Settles for $407,500 over Wrongful Death of New Jersey Inmate, May 18, 2018. Medical, Failure to Treat, Malpractice, Jail Specific, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death).