Loaded on Feb. 15, 2001 published in Prison Legal News February, 2001, page 17
Westren Prison Project
PO Box 40085
Porland, Oregon 97240-0085
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Bag'm, Tag'm and Bury'm; Wisconsin Prisoners Dying for Health Care, by Dan Pens
- WA Law Libraries Threatened; DOC Proposes Budget Cuts
- Food Strike Puts Washington DOC on Spin Control, by Dan Pens
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Fraud Charged by Washington DOC Whistleblower, by Dan Pens
- $330,000 Verdict in MI Beating
- $4,500 Verdict in NY Hernia Suit
- WA DOC Whistleblowers Speak Out: Is Anyone Listening?, by Paul Wright
- CA Medical Lab Faked Prison Tests, by Marvin Mentor
- AZ Prisoners Can't Access Internet, But the Net Accesses Them
- $5,500 Awarded in NY Unlawful Imprisonment Suit
- $160,000 Verdict in NY Diabetic Cyst Suit
- $115,000 Settlement Where Guards Fed NY Prisoner Ground Glass
- The Prison Payoff: The Role of Politics and Private Prisons in the Incarceration Boom
- MO Prisoner Awarded $130,000 in Retaliation and Haircut Claims
- Ohio Abandons Private Food Service Experiment
- Tide Turns Against Prison Privatization
- SC Jail Escape Kills One
- IL Prison Phone Ruling Published
- OH S.Ct. Strikes Down Bad Time Law
- News in Brief
- Work Stoppage at Idaho CCA Prison
- No Qualified Immunity for Alabama Blanket Strip-Search Policy
- Yeskey Dismissed on Remand
- Mentally Ill Prisoners in the New Jersey Prison System, by Julia Lutsky
- Louisiana Abandons Private Juvenile Prisons
- $7,500 Paid to Settle Delay of Legal Property Suit
- Louisiana Abandons Private Juvenile Prisons, by John E Dannenberg
- A.I. Reports on US Compliance with UN Convention Against Torture, by Julia Lutsky
- $8,000 Awarded in NY Chair Collapse
- Ninth Circuit Requires Evidentiary Review Before Terminating Old Consent Decree Under PLRA
- $7,500 Award in NY Window Injury
- $1.75 Million Verdict in Juvenile Death Suit
- $30,000 Awarded to NY Prisoner Slashed in Attack
- BOP Prisoners' Convictions for Destroying Military Factory Upheld
- $49,999 Settlement in CA Sex Extortion Suit
- Conditions Claims Viable in WA PRP
- Failure to Exhaust Requires Hearing Before Dismissal
- Leave to Amend Complaint Improperly Denied
- $158,500 Awarded in NY Slip and Fall
- Summary Judgment Reversed on Diabetes Claim
- Book Review: Doing Time: 25 Years of Prison Writing, by Mumia Abu-Jamal
More from these topics:
- Ninth Circuit Rejects Lawsuit by California Prisoners Over Exposure to Valley Fever, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Infections.
- $30,000 Settlement for Pennsylvania Pretrial Detainee Subjected to Excessive Force, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Excessive Force, Settlements, Mental Health, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- After Needless Prisoner Deaths, Connecticut DOC Takes Over Prison Healthcare, Aug. 6, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical.
- New Tennessee Legislation Will Destroy Hundreds, Probably Thousands, of Families, Aug. 6, 2019. Sex Offender Registration, Sex Offenders (Discrimination), State Legislation.
- ‘They need to be marked for life’, July 17, 2019. Medical, Forcible Treatment, Involuntary Treatment/Drugging.
- $3 Million Settlement Where Prison Doctor Failed to Treat Disabled Illinois Prisoner, July 3, 2019. Wexford Health Services, Disabled Prisoners, Medical, Failure to Treat, Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Minnesota Prisoners Win Access to New Hepatitis C Medications, July 2, 2019. Medical, Medication, Hepatitis.
- Michigan Prisoner Dies from Cocaine Overdose, Sergeant and Paramedics Charged, $3.75 Million Settlement, July 2, 2019. Misconduct/Corruption, Medical, Drug Overdose, Settlements, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Drug Treatment/Rehab.
- Arrestee Dies in a Jail with No Medical Staff; Eleventh Circuit Reverses Dismissal, July 2, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Injury -- Misc., Jail Specific, Wrongful Death, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- $115,000 Settlement after Nebraska Prison Nurses Ignore Prisoner’s Heart Attack, July 2, 2019. Medical, Systemic Medical Neglect, Cardiovascular, Settlements.