Loaded on Feb. 15, 2001 published in Prison Legal News February, 2001, page 17
Westren Prison Project
PO Box 40085
Porland, Oregon 97240-0085
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Bag'm, Tag'm and Bury'm; Wisconsin Prisoners Dying for Health Care, by Dan Pens
- WA Law Libraries Threatened; DOC Proposes Budget Cuts
- Food Strike Puts Washington DOC on Spin Control, by Dan Pens
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Fraud Charged by Washington DOC Whistleblower, by Dan Pens
- $330,000 Verdict in MI Beating
- $4,500 Verdict in NY Hernia Suit
- WA DOC Whistleblowers Speak Out: Is Anyone Listening?, by Paul Wright
- CA Medical Lab Faked Prison Tests, by Marvin Mentor
- AZ Prisoners Can't Access Internet, But the Net Accesses Them
- $5,500 Awarded in NY Unlawful Imprisonment Suit
- $160,000 Verdict in NY Diabetic Cyst Suit
- $115,000 Settlement Where Guards Fed NY Prisoner Ground Glass
- The Prison Payoff: The Role of Politics and Private Prisons in the Incarceration Boom
- MO Prisoner Awarded $130,000 in Retaliation and Haircut Claims
- Ohio Abandons Private Food Service Experiment
- Tide Turns Against Prison Privatization
- SC Jail Escape Kills One
- IL Prison Phone Ruling Published
- OH S.Ct. Strikes Down Bad Time Law
- News in Brief
- Work Stoppage at Idaho CCA Prison
- No Qualified Immunity for Alabama Blanket Strip-Search Policy
- Yeskey Dismissed on Remand
- Mentally Ill Prisoners in the New Jersey Prison System, by Julia Lutsky
- Louisiana Abandons Private Juvenile Prisons
- $7,500 Paid to Settle Delay of Legal Property Suit
- Louisiana Abandons Private Juvenile Prisons, by John E Dannenberg
- A.I. Reports on US Compliance with UN Convention Against Torture, by Julia Lutsky
- $8,000 Awarded in NY Chair Collapse
- Ninth Circuit Requires Evidentiary Review Before Terminating Old Consent Decree Under PLRA
- $7,500 Award in NY Window Injury
- $1.75 Million Verdict in Juvenile Death Suit
- $30,000 Awarded to NY Prisoner Slashed in Attack
- BOP Prisoners' Convictions for Destroying Military Factory Upheld
- $49,999 Settlement in CA Sex Extortion Suit
- Conditions Claims Viable in WA PRP
- Failure to Exhaust Requires Hearing Before Dismissal
- Leave to Amend Complaint Improperly Denied
- $158,500 Awarded in NY Slip and Fall
- Summary Judgment Reversed on Diabetes Claim
- Book Review: Doing Time: 25 Years of Prison Writing, by Mumia Abu-Jamal
More from these topics:
- Blue Lives Matter More: Georgia Introduces Hate Crime Bill Designed to Protect the Cops, Oct. 15, 2020. Protests, Qualified Immunity, State Legislation, News in Brief, Hate Crimes.
- Seventh Circuit: Wisconsin Jail Officials’ Response to Detainee’s Suicide Risk Objectively Reasonable, Oct. 5, 2020. Medical, Medication, Mental Health, Suicides.
- $50,000 Settlement with Corizon in Failure to Treat Suit in Florida, Oct. 3, 2020. Corizon, Medical, Medication, Pain, Failure to Treat, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Americans with Disabilities Act, Rehabilitation Act.
- Medical Experts Publish Guidelines on SUDC, Sept. 15, 2020. Resources, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Maine DOC, Medical Provider, Pay $250,000 Settlement Due to Excessive Force on 11-Year-Old, Sept. 1, 2020. Dental Care, Private Contractors, Excessive Force, Juveniles.
- Record Number of Laws Passed Reducing Barriers for People With Criminal Records, Sept. 1, 2020. State Legislation, Restrictions, discrimination.
- Orleans Parish Sheriff, Wellpath, Sued Over Louisiana Jail Prisoner’s Fatal Overdose, July 1, 2020. Private Contractors, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- NaphCare, Oregon Jail’s Private Healthcare Provider, Required to Disclose Records in Detox Death Suit, July 1, 2020. Private Contractors, Drug Overdose, Disclosure of Records, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Unsealed Documents Expose Treatment Failures at San Diego Jail, June 1, 2020. Private Contractors, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Summary Judgment Against 14-Year-Old Mentally Ill Pretrial Detainee, Raped by Guard in Solitary, May 21, 2020. Sexual Assault, Medical, Control Units/SHU/Solitary Confinement, Mental Health, Juvenile Offenses/Offenders.