by Christopher Zoukis
The Bureau of Prisons settled a claim of retaliation brought by prisoner Kevin L. Shehee for $7,350.00 in December 2000.
Shehee was serving a 262-month sentence at Federal Correctional Institution Manchester, Kentucky when he filed his 42 U.S.C. § 1983 claim in federal ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from Christopher Zoukis:
- 10th Circuit: Observation of Stack of 15 Credit Cards Does Not Provide Police With Probable Cause to Examine Name on Cards for Evidence of a Crime, June 18, 2018
- Ninth Circuit Reverses Conviction for Transporting an Illegal Alien Due to Improper Jury Instruction, June 18, 2018
- California Court of Appeal Rejects Gang Enhancement Based on Expert Witness’ Case-Specific Hearsay Evidence, June 18, 2018
- New Mexico Supreme Court Reverses Convictions Based on Double Jeopardy Violations, June 18, 2018
- Ninth Circuit: California Carjacking Not a Crime of Violence Post-Johnson, June 17, 2018
- Execution Numbers Down in 2017, June 17, 2018
- Minnesota Supreme Court: Prisoner Entitled to Appointed Attorney for One Review of Conviction, Even When It’s Not a Direct Appeal, June 17, 2018
- Sixth Circuit: Statute of Limitations for § 1983 Claim Accrues When Criminal Proceedings are Terminated, June 17, 2018
- Philly Prosecutor’s ‘Do Not Call’ List Released; Names Cops Not to Call to the Stand, June 16, 2018
- Cell-Site Simulators: Police Use Military Technology to Reach out and Spy on You, June 16, 2018
More from these topics:
- Florida Prisoners 'Laydown' in Non-Violent Protests, June 16, 2018. Prison Labor, Work Strikes, Protests, Commissary, Thirteenth Amendment, rights.
- $95,000 Settlement in Suit Over Idaho Jail Prisoner's Death, June 16, 2018. Medical, Drug Overdose, Overcrowding, Ventilation, Jail Specific, Settlements, Probation, 1964 Civil Rights Act, Wrongful Death, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Staff Training, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- $12,500 Settlement in Suit Over Ohio Death Row Prisoner's Suicide, June 16, 2018. Settlements, Death Penalty/Death Row, Wrongful Death, Suicides, Staff Training.
- California Prisoner Denied Medical Treatment Settles Suit with Prison Medical Staff, June 16, 2018. Medical, Vision, Surgery, Misdiagnosis, Eighth Amendment, Settlements, Guards/Staff.
- Jewish Prisoner Denied Kosher Meals Settles with Arizona Prison Officials, June 16, 2018. Private Prisons, Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Religious Discrimination, Settlements, Religious Freedom, Religious Diet, Religious Practices, First Amendment, rights, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- Family of Man Shot and Killed by San Bernardino Police Agrees to $575,000 Settlement, June 16, 2018. Settlements, Police, Excessive Force (Police), Fourth Amendment, rights, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- Man's Arrest Based on False Information Results in Settlement with City of Los Angeles, LAPD, June 16, 2018. Settlements, False Arrest, Fourth Amendment, rights, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- Corrections Corporation of America Settles Medical Neglect Suit with Louisiana Prisoner, June 16, 2018. Private Prisons, Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Medical, Medication, Eighth Amendment, Settlements.
- Settlement in Lawsuit Over Missouri Jail Prisoner’s Death, June 8, 2018. Cardiovascular, Failure to Treat, Settlements, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Settlement after Connecticut Police Chief’s Son Assaults Handcuffed Prisoner, June 8, 2018. Police Misconduct, Settlements, Excessive Force (Police).