Loaded on Oct. 15, 1993 published in Prison Legal News October, 1993, page 9
Wayne B. Alexander
P.O. Box 73
Norfolk, Mass. 02056
Send $2.90 in stamps to cover postage, handling, and costs of materials.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Documents Filed When Delivered to Prison Officials
- Access to Courts: Standing to Assert Right
- Censoring Legal Mail States Claim
- Bar on Access to Court Records Struck Down
- Court Access for Spanish Speakers
- Pro Se Detainee Has Access Rights
- Ninth Circuit Reverses Powell Decision, by Robert Powell
- Florida Builds More Prisons
- ACLU Reaches Accord With Hawaii in Prison Case
- NY Re-Examines Tough Drug Laws
- Elements of Jail RICO Suit Explained
- Due Process Required Before Hole Time
- Destruction of Evidence Allows Adverse Inference
- Prohibition of Beatings Well Established Law
- Evidence Must Support Disciplinary Charge
- Right to Die Rulings Grow
- Denial of Physical Therapy Shows Deliberate Indifference
- No Qualified Immunity for Denial of Medical Care
- Right to Hot Water Clearly Established
- Research Directory
- Prison Slavery Upheld, Again, by Ed Mead
- From The Editor, by Paul Wright
- Clinton Unveils "Anti-Crime" Package, by Paul Wright
- Families Against Mandatory Minimums
- Professionalism at Purdy Women's Prison, by Vicki McLemore
- BOP Not Liable for Guard Raping Prisoner
- Cops Shaft Informant
- Murderer Fired From Prison Job, by Paul Wright
- PA Women File Suit Over Property
- Some Food for Thought: Prisoners Are Not Inmates, by Ojore Lutalo
- Grievance System Sham, by John Gerteisen
- Needs Haircut Information, by John Harris
- Prison Flooded
More from these topics:
- Who Inflicts the Most Gun Violence in America? The U.S. Government and Its Police Forces, Sept. 16, 2019. Police Misconduct, Government Misconduct, Commentary/Reviews, Shootings, Police.
- Book Excerpt: Lessons of “The Birdman”, Sept. 5, 2019. Commentary/Reviews.
- It’s Bad Journalism to Take Cops at Their Word, June 21, 2019. Commentary/Reviews, First Amendment, Police.
- How Coercive Interrogations Can Lead to a False Confession, Aug. 19, 2018. Commentary/Reviews, Criminal Prosecution, Police.
- The Magnificent Seven, July 2, 2018. Staff-Prisoner Assault, Commentary/Reviews.
- The Inside Story of a Legendary Prison Debate Team, June 11, 2018. Commentary/Reviews, Editorials, Crime/Demographics, Conditions of Confinement, First Amendment, rights.
- Incarceration Nations: A Journey to Justice in Prisons Around the World, by Baz Dreisinger, May 5, 2017. Private Prisons, Commentary/Reviews, International.
- Analysis: Sen. Jeff Sessions’s Record on Criminal Justice , Jan. 13, 2017. Commentary/Reviews, Prison Reform, Statistics/Trends.
- After Prisons: A Supervisory State?, Jan. 12, 2017. Commentary/Reviews, Reviews, Prison Reform, Crime/Demographics, Statistics/Trends, Cost of Prison Systems, Rehabilitation/Recidivism, Release and Reentry, Collateral consequences of prison.
- “Natural Causes Killed Victor: A Death in Solitary,” a folk opera by George Swanson (DVD, 55 minutes), Jan. 10, 2017. Commentary/Reviews, Reviews, Immigration, Control Units, Tapes/Music.