Loaded on Nov. 15, 2007 published in Prison Legal News November, 2007, page 44
Plaintiff Charles Campbell claimed that he was strip searched at the jail on ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Prison Drinking Water and Wastewater Pollution Threaten Environmental Safety Nationwide, by John Dannenberg
- Suit Over Death in Rockwall County, Texas, Settles for $100,000
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Texas Last State in Union to Get Prison Phones, by Matthew Clarke
- Habeas Hints: Habeas Year in Review: 2007, by Kent A. Russell
- Dallas County Jail Deficient, Says 2006 Report; DOJ Files Suit, by Gary Hunter
- $56,000 Settlement for Torturous Eight Hours in New Jersey Jail
- Arizona and Indiana Prisoner Uprising at GEO-Run Prison in Indiana
- Innocent Indiana Man Awarded $9 Million for 20 Years Imprisonment
- Federal Jury Awards $530,000 for Wrongful Death in Minnesota Jail, by Michael Rigby
- Five-Year Forecast: Prison Population Will Swell 13%—Triple America’s Growth Rate
- Michigan’s Law Attaching Prisoner Retirement Benefits Trumped By Federal Law
- Overcrowded Washington DOC’s Solution: Ship ’Em Out of State, by David Reutter
- MDC Brooklyn: Sex Scandal and 11 Staff Indicted for Beating Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- Oklahoma Court Orders Sentenced Prisoners Transported to Prison
- PHS Fails Benchmarks In NYC Jail Medical Contract; Fined $250,000
- Like America, Japan Allows Guards to Walk After Prisoner Abuse Convictions
- Indiana DOC Agrees to Remove Mentally Ill Prisoners from Control Units
- March Madness in Georgia Prisons, by Matthew Clarke
- Rikers Island Diapered Mentally Ill in Segregation
- Prisoners Died By the Thousands Between 2001 and 2004, by Michael Rigby
- Reformed Dental Care Will Have Ohio Prisoners Smiling, by Michael Rigby
- Inadequate Medical Care Alleged at Alameda County, CA Jail – Four Prisoners Dead
- U.S. Prison and Jail Population Continues Meteoric Rise, by Michael Rigby
- State Auditor Flunks California DOC For Failure To Make Prison Population Projections, by Marvin Mentor
- Corruption in Awarding California DOC Medical Contract Exposed, by Marvin Mentor
- Texas Jail Pays $200,000 to Settle Rape/Suicide Suit
- California DOC Guards Win Injunction to Stop Prisoner Transfers Out-Of-State; Transfers Continue While State Appeals
- California DOC Pays PLN’s Attorneys $320,000 In Fees/Costs Related To Mail Censorship Settlement, by John Dannenberg
- Cook County, Illinois, To Pay $4,575,000 for Nonconsensual STD Testing
- $150,000 Settlement in Suit over Atlanta Prisoner’s Fall-Related Death
- Utah DOC Audit: Ingrained Staff Cronyism Stymies Workplace Effectiveness, by John Dannenberg
- California DOC Contract Registry Pharmacist Accused of Diverting 93% of Referrals to His Own Corporation
- New York High Court Invokes Due Process Rights for Civil Commitment of Alleged Sexual Predators
- Pennsylvania Prison Legal Mail Policy Unconstitutional, Enjoined, by Matthew Clarke
- California’s Prison Drug Procurements Separate from Other State Agencies
- Federal Prisoner Beaten On Texas Recreation Yard Awarded $350,000
- California DOC Federal Healthcare Receiver Issues Master Remedial Plan, by John Dannenberg
- “Please Rip Us Off” Florida Officials Tell Private Prison Companies, by David Reutter
- Study on Barriers to Employment of Ex-Prisoners in Milwaukee Released, by Matthew Clarke
- California Inspector General: $1 Billion In DOC Drug Treatment Program “A Complete Waste Of Money”, by Marvin Mentor
- News in Brief:
- Connecticut Strip Search Suit Settles For $2.5 Million
More from these topics:
- Prisoner Awarded $25,000 Against Texas Guard Who Facilitated Assault, May 17, 2018. Prison Gangs, Injury -- Misc., Damages, Depositions, Trials.
- Indiana Hospital and Sheriff Settle over False Arrest and Illegal Search, May 6, 2018. Searches, False Arrest, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- Federal Jury Awards $25,000 Against Missouri Police for False Arrest, April 20, 2018. Retaliatory Searches, Searches, Police, First Amendment, rights, Fourth Amendment, rights, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- Fifth Circuit: Strip Searches Due to Security Concerns Not Unconstitutional, April 2, 2018. Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Work Conditions/Safety, Strip Searches, Fourth Amendment, rights.
- Oregon Police Illegally Enter, Search, Issue Bogus Citation, March 19, 2018. Searches, Attorneys, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- $13,500 to Oregon Woman for Wrongful Arrest, Unlawful Search, March 19, 2018. Searches, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- Lack of Criminal Intent: Missouri Supreme Acquits on Drug Possession Charge, March 16, 2018. Searches, War on Drugs, Criminal Procedure.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court: Police Emergency Lights Next to Parked Car Constitute Seizure, March 16, 2018. Searches, Fourth Amendment, rights.
- Cops Strip Search Woman in Public...Charges Dropped, March 12, 2018. Police Misconduct, Strip Searches.
- Illinois Sheriff Settles Federal Class-action Suit Over Strip Searches, March 6, 2018. Police Misconduct, Strip Searches, Class Certification, Class Notice.