Loaded on Nov. 15, 2007 published in Prison Legal News November, 2007, page 44
Plaintiff Charles Campbell claimed that he was strip searched at the jail on ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Prison Drinking Water and Wastewater Pollution Threaten Environmental Safety Nationwide, by John Dannenberg
- Suit Over Death in Rockwall County, Texas, Settles for $100,000
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Texas Last State in Union to Get Prison Phones, by Matthew Clarke
- Habeas Hints: Habeas Year in Review: 2007, by Kent A. Russell
- Dallas County Jail Deficient, Says 2006 Report; DOJ Files Suit, by Gary Hunter
- $56,000 Settlement for Torturous Eight Hours in New Jersey Jail
- Arizona and Indiana Prisoner Uprising at GEO-Run Prison in Indiana
- Innocent Indiana Man Awarded $9 Million for 20 Years Imprisonment
- Federal Jury Awards $530,000 for Wrongful Death in Minnesota Jail, by Michael Rigby
- Five-Year Forecast: Prison Population Will Swell 13%—Triple America’s Growth Rate
- Michigan’s Law Attaching Prisoner Retirement Benefits Trumped By Federal Law
- Overcrowded Washington DOC’s Solution: Ship ’Em Out of State, by David Reutter
- MDC Brooklyn: Sex Scandal and 11 Staff Indicted for Beating Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- Oklahoma Court Orders Sentenced Prisoners Transported to Prison
- PHS Fails Benchmarks In NYC Jail Medical Contract; Fined $250,000
- Like America, Japan Allows Guards to Walk After Prisoner Abuse Convictions
- Indiana DOC Agrees to Remove Mentally Ill Prisoners from Control Units
- March Madness in Georgia Prisons, by Matthew Clarke
- Rikers Island Diapered Mentally Ill in Segregation
- Prisoners Died By the Thousands Between 2001 and 2004, by Michael Rigby
- Reformed Dental Care Will Have Ohio Prisoners Smiling, by Michael Rigby
- Inadequate Medical Care Alleged at Alameda County, CA Jail – Four Prisoners Dead
- U.S. Prison and Jail Population Continues Meteoric Rise, by Michael Rigby
- State Auditor Flunks California DOC For Failure To Make Prison Population Projections, by Marvin Mentor
- Corruption in Awarding California DOC Medical Contract Exposed, by Marvin Mentor
- Texas Jail Pays $200,000 to Settle Rape/Suicide Suit
- California DOC Guards Win Injunction to Stop Prisoner Transfers Out-Of-State; Transfers Continue While State Appeals
- California DOC Pays PLN’s Attorneys $320,000 In Fees/Costs Related To Mail Censorship Settlement, by John Dannenberg
- Cook County, Illinois, To Pay $4,575,000 for Nonconsensual STD Testing
- $150,000 Settlement in Suit over Atlanta Prisoner’s Fall-Related Death
- Utah DOC Audit: Ingrained Staff Cronyism Stymies Workplace Effectiveness, by John Dannenberg
- California DOC Contract Registry Pharmacist Accused of Diverting 93% of Referrals to His Own Corporation
- New York High Court Invokes Due Process Rights for Civil Commitment of Alleged Sexual Predators
- Pennsylvania Prison Legal Mail Policy Unconstitutional, Enjoined, by Matthew Clarke
- California’s Prison Drug Procurements Separate from Other State Agencies
- Federal Prisoner Beaten On Texas Recreation Yard Awarded $350,000
- California DOC Federal Healthcare Receiver Issues Master Remedial Plan, by John Dannenberg
- “Please Rip Us Off” Florida Officials Tell Private Prison Companies, by David Reutter
- Study on Barriers to Employment of Ex-Prisoners in Milwaukee Released, by Matthew Clarke
- California Inspector General: $1 Billion In DOC Drug Treatment Program “A Complete Waste Of Money”, by Marvin Mentor
- News in Brief:
- Connecticut Strip Search Suit Settles For $2.5 Million
More from these topics:
- New Jersey Supreme Court Holds Inventory Search May Not Serve as Ruse for Investigatory Search, Sept. 23, 2018. Arrestee Searches, Police Searches, Search warrants.
- South Dakota Supreme Court Announces Search Incident to Arrest Exception to Warrant Requirement Does Not Apply to Collection of Urine Sample Upon Arrest, Aug. 16, 2018. Urinary, Drug Testing, Arrestee Searches, Search warrants, Fourth Amendment, rights.
- $330,000 Awarded to Brooklyn Woman and Minor Nephew over False Arrest and Two Years of Malicious Prosecution, July 27, 2018. Police Misconduct, Strip Searches, Jail Specific, Mental Health, False Arrest.
- $190,000 for Man Falsely Arrested and Maliciously Prosecuted by NYPD, July 26, 2018. Strip Searches, Jail Specific, False Arrest.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Announces Search Warrant Required for Nonconsensual Entry into Any Residence to Carry Out Arrest Warrant, July 21, 2018. Arrestee Searches, Police Searches, Arrest and Booking, Arrest Warrants.
- Seventh Circuit Affirms Suppression of Evidence Because Traffic Stop Unreasonably Prolonged, July 21, 2018. Arrestee Searches, Evidentiary Ruling.
- $25,000 Settlement Offer from NYPD over Assault, False Arrest Accepted by Parolee, July 8, 2018. Strip Searches, False Arrest, Excessive Force (Police).
- $30,000 Settlement for Brooklyn Man Falsely Arrested by NYPD, July 8, 2018. Strip Searches, War on Drugs, False Arrest.
- California Prisoner Threatened and Maltreated by Prison Guards Settles, June 21, 2018. Threats by Staff, Racial Discrimination, Retaliation, Searches, Conditions of Confinement, Eighth Amendment, Excessive Force, Guards/Staff, First Amendment, rights.
- $25,000 Awarded to New York Prison Inmate Over Medical Mistreatment, June 20, 2018. Medical, Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Eighth Amendment, Damages.