Loaded on Dec. 15, 1994 published in Prison Legal News December, 1994, page 9
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Federal Crime Bill Passes, by Paul Wright
- Altered Disciplinary Evidence Violates Due Process
- Prisoners Lose Pell Grants, by Dan Pens
- No Help for Disciplinary Hearings
- BOP Can't Punish Detainees
- MI DOC Creates Liberty Interest in Seg Release
- Attorney Fee Awards Analyzed
- Pro Se Litigants Subject to Rule 11 Sanctions
- Obtaining Prisoner Witnesses
- Court Orders Return of Disks
- Women Prisoners Entitled to Equal Education
- Women Prisoners Lose Equal Protection Suit
- S.Ct. Grants Review in Prison Disciplinary Case
- VA Repressive Sentencing Law Results in Uprisings, by Dan Pens
- Fast Food Style Death Penalty Defense
- Houston - Death Penalty Capital of USA, by Dan Pens
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Death Penalty Deterrents?
- One and Two Strike Laws Passed, by Paul Wright
- PI Issued for Prisoner Transfer
- News in Brief
- Russian Jails in Crisis
- Kurdish Prisoners Resist
- Ex-Prison Boss Assassinated in Turkey
More from these topics:
- New California Laws Peel Back Secrecy Surrounding Police Discipline Amid Pushback, Feb. 14, 2019. Excessive Force, Disclosure of Records, Public Records, Police.
- Seventh Circuit Reverses Denial of a Certificate of Innocence Needed as a Prerequisite for Damages for an Unjust Conviction and Imprisonment, Feb. 14, 2019. Damages, Wrongful Conviction.
- Federal Judge Orders Prison Doctor to Face Deliberate Indifference Claims, Feb. 5, 2019. Medical, Systemic Medical Neglect, Eighth Amendment.
- Seventh Circuit Denies Wisconsin Prisoner’s Claims Against Medical Staff, Feb. 5, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Medical, Systemic Medical Neglect.
- Eighth Circuit: Severe Pain Caused by Actual Injury Satisfies PLRA Physical Injury Requirement, Feb. 4, 2019. Medical Misconduct, Criminal justice system reform, Medical, Pain, Surgery, Failure to Treat, Failure to Protect (General), PLRA, Physical Injury Rule, Excessive Force.
- Ohio Prisoner Recovers $2,025 for Leg Injury Caused by Guard’s Pepper Ball, Feb. 4, 2019. Injury -- Misc., Excessive Force, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Shootings.
- Former Guard Who Scalded Florida Prisoner to Death Hired, Fired by Police Department, Jan. 8, 2019. Misconduct/Corruption, Excessive Force, Burning, Police.
- Illinois Federal Jury Awards Prisoner $252,100 for Beating and Denial of Medical Care, Jan. 8, 2019. Misconduct/Corruption, Retaliatory Segregation, Excessive Force, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements.
- Florida Prisoner’s Suit Proceeds Against Guards for Use of Force, Retaliation, Jan. 8, 2019. Retaliation for Filing Grievances, Eighth Amendment, Excessive Force, Guard Brutality/Beatings, First Amendment, rights, Fourth Amendment, rights.
- Colorado County Pays $800,000 for Latest Excessive Force Settlement, Jan. 8, 2019. Medical, Excessive Force, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements.