Loaded on May 15, 2005 by Michael Rigby published in Prison Legal News May, 2005, page 22
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- PHS Medical Care at Rikers Fails in Evaluation, by Paul von Zielbauer
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Court Orders Washington DOC to Stop Dragging Its Feet on Sex Offender Release Plans, by Hank Balson
- Over 96% of CCA Donations Go to GOP
- New York Appeals Court Upholds Former Senator’s Return To Rikers
- ", by Michael Rigby
- Ohio Death Row Moving to Supermax, by Bob Williams
- New York City Settles False Imprisonment Suit For $1.25 Million
- Texas: "Prison-Rape Capital Of The Country", by Michael Rigby
- Michigan's Restrictive Placement Of HIV+ Prisoners Enjoined; $2 Million Damages Awarded
- $12,003.74 in Fees/Costs Awarded in Excessive Force Use; PLRA Fee Cap Inapplicable to Stipulated Set
- Texas Prisoner Kills Prison Employee and Himself
- Concentration Of Paroled Illinois Sex Offenders Stirs Controversy, by Michael Rigby
- Florida Jury Awards $3,000,000 for Medical Negligence Causing Prisoner's Death
- Michigan Prisoner Awarded $376,525 For Back Injury Sustained In Crash
- Vermont DOC Settles PLN Writer's Suicide Suit for $750,000, by David Reutter
- Vermont DOC Settles PLN Writer's Suicide Suit for $750,000
- Qualified Immunity Granted to Doctor Who Failed to Order Interferon Treatments for HCV+ Prisoner
- Texas: Prison-Rape Capital Of The Country, by Michael Rigby
- American Gulag: Inside U.S. Immigration Prisons, By Mark Dow University Of California Press, 413 pages, $27.50, by Ashley Makar
- News in Brief
- Los Angeles County Pays $300,000 To Settle Public Defender's Legal Malpractice
More from Michael Rigby:
- Report On Arizona Hostage Crisis May Never Be Released , Aug. 23, 2016
- Federal Jury Awards $45,001 to Maryland Prisoner Assaulted By Guards, Aug. 23, 2016
- Wisconsin Appeals Court Orders Photos Delivered to Prisoner, April 15, 2013
- New York: Indigent Defendants' Suit Over Non-representation Ruled Justiciable, March 15, 2013
- Trial and Conviction in Washington Jailhouse Courtroom Overturned, March 15, 2013
- Scientific Advances in Arson Investigations Reveal Wrongful Convictions, Jan. 15, 2013
- Ninth Circuit Rules Right to Court Access Violated When Lockdown Prevents Prisoner from Researching Issues Related to Direct Appeal, Nov. 15, 2011
- Some Agencies Balk at Releasing Prison Phone Data, April 15, 2011
- Facebook Lands Prison Guards, Prisoners in Hot Water, April 15, 2011
- Federal Restitution Law Failing Crime Victims, Jan. 15, 2011
More from these topics:
- Oregon Supreme Court Holds ‘Attempt’ Requires Intent to Personally Participate in the Crime, Aug. 20, 2019. Crime/Demographics.
- CoreCivic Prisons in Tennessee Have Twice as Many Murders, Four Times the Homicide Rate as State-Run Facilities, Aug. 6, 2019. Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Crime/Demographics, Prison/Jail Murders, PLN related.
- Oregon Crime Victims and Prosecutors Lose Fight to Bulletproof Draconian Sentencing Law, July 12, 2019. Voting, Crime/Demographics, Statistics/Trends, Crime Victims Rights Act.
- New Study Finds Mass Incarceration Impacts Over Half of U.S. Families, July 2, 2019. Crime/Demographics, Statistics/Trends.
- Study: Technology Creates and Embeds Bias in the Criminal Justice System, June 17, 2019. Crime/Demographics.
- Fourth Circuit Rules Assault on Government Official Under North Carolina Statute Not a ‘Crime of Violence’, June 17, 2019. Crime/Demographics.
- Private Prisoner Transport Firm Closes After Escape; Problems Continue to Plague Industry, May 3, 2019. Transport Companies, Escapes, Transportation.
- Human Rights Watch 2014 Report Set Goals to Reduce Human Costs of Excessive Incarceration, May 2, 2019. Prison Reform, Criminal justice system reform, Crime/Demographics, Overdetention.
- Arrests Do Not Necessarily Represent Solved Crimes, April 12, 2019. Crime/Demographics, Statistics/Trends, Arrest and Booking, Arrest Warrants.
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Denial of Interviews with Lucasville Prison Riot Participants, Feb. 4, 2019. Prison Rebellion, Censorship.