Loaded on Sept. 15, 2011 published in Prison Legal News September, 2011, page 45
Clifford Linebarger, 29, was arrested at a local dentist’s office after a ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Remembering Attica Forty Years Later, by Dennis Cunningham
- Extra Earned Time Sentence Reductions Save Oregon $25 Million
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- 800,000 Ex-Offenders Regain Voting Rights – 5.3 Million More to Go
- Female Prisoners Removed from CCA Facility in Kentucky
- PLN Files Censorship Suit Against Michigan Jail over “Postcard Only” Policy
- Reform Comes to Maine Supermax: New commissioner cuts population by more than half; prisoner rights advocates help in the reform, by Lance Tapley
- $73,700 Jury Award for Guard’s Sexual Encounters with Massachusetts Prisoner, by David Reutter
- New Mexico Spends $20 Million in Federal Stimulus Money to Fund Prison Jobs
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Tennessee’s Financial Obligation Re-Enfranchisement Law, by Mark Wilson
- Ninth Circuit Finds Maricopa County Jail’s Cross-Gender Strip Searches Unreasonable
- $60 Million in Strip Search Settlements for Cook County Jail Prisoners, by Derek Gilna
- California: OAL Disapproves Proposed Parole Board Regulation Formalizing Lifer Risk Assessments, by Michael Brodheim
- Feds Pay Wrongfully Convicted D.C. Men $1.9 Million
- Florida Reenacts Reconstruction-Era Felon Disenfranchisement Rule, by David Reutter
- EEOC Files Suit Against GEO Group for Sexual Harassment at Arizona Prisons
- Georgia Deputy Fired for Refusing Threesome with Sheriff
- Feds Intervene in Suit, Allege “Sadistic” Stun Gun Use at Ohio Jail; Jail Settles, by Brandon Sample
- Federal Court Dismisses Virginia Lifers’ Parole Suit
- New Laws Improve Job Prospects for Former Prisoners
- Florida Prisoner’s Suicide Suit Settles for $500,000
- $85,000 Settlement in Philadelphia Wrongful Imprisonment Suit
- Former Federal Prisoner Seeks Almost $280,000 in Attorney Fees from BOP
- Prisoners Used to Clean Foreclosed Houses in Georgia
- Third Circuit Upholds Unanimity Requirement for Pennsylvania Pardon Recommendations
- Texas Chaplain Who Complained of Jail Conditions Reinstated, Suit Settled
- Protective Order Denied in Privately Run Florida Juvenile Facility Class-Action Suit, by David Reutter
- $4.5 Million Settlement in Texas County Jail Strip Search Suit
- Florida’s House Speaker Wants to Quicken Executions, by David Reutter
- Third Circuit Upholds Pennsylvania Sex Offender Treatment Parole Requirement, by Mark Wilson
- Michigan Prisoner’s Failure to Protect Case Settles for $100,000
- Florida Courts Criticize Indefinite Detention While Awaiting Civil Commitment Trials
- North Carolina Prisoner’s First-Degree Murder Conviction is Valid Basis to Deny Awarding Good Time Credits, by David Reutter
- Parole Violator Leaps to Death at Alaskan Jail
- North Carolina Jail Prisoner Housed with TB Infected Cellmate Receives $2,250 Settlement
- New Mexico State Auditor Investigates Prison Contracts
- Washington State Closes McNeil Island Prison, by David Reutter
- Canadian Prison Guards Hold Prisoners at Gunpoint for 10 Days
- Smoke ’Em if You Got ’Em, Says Oklahoma DOC
- California: Orange County Jail System Ordered to Remedy ADA Violations, by Michael Brodheim
- Oregon Settles Prisoner’s Heart Failure Medical Mistreatment Case for $390,000, by Mark Wilson
- Arizona County to Pay Ex-Prisoner $325,000 in Jail Guard Beating
- An American Radical: Political Prisoner in My Own Country, by Susan Rosenberg (Kensington Publishing Corp. 2011), 400 pages, $14.95 paperback
- UNICOR Wins $20 Million No-Bid Body Armor Contract
- Federal Stimulus Money Not Spent as Intended by San Diego County Probation Department
- Paperwork SNAFU Leaves Mentally Ill Woman Jailed in Louisiana for Eight Months
- California State Auditor Reports on CDCR Malfeasance
- Official Capacity Not the Same as Governmental Agency in Texas Civil Suit, by Matthew Clarke
- News In Brief
More from these topics:
- Family of Deceased Colorado Prisoner Accepts Settlement for $5.3 Million, New Policies, Sept. 5, 2018. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death), Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- Jury Awards Federal Prisoner $675,000 in Retaliation, Excessive Force Bivens Case, Sept. 5, 2018. Retaliation for Filing Grievances, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Federal Tort Claims Act, First Amendment, rights.
- Lawsuit Alleges Texas County Jailers Beat, Paralyzed Prisoner, Sept. 5, 2018. Failure to Treat, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Release and Reentry.
- Nevada County Settles Lawsuit Over Jail Prisoner’s Death for $500,000, Sept. 3, 2018. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death).
- Georgia Medical Prison Rife with Dysfunction, Abuse and Dilapidated Conditions, Sept. 3, 2018. Medical, Systemic Medical Neglect, Failure to Treat, Totality of Conditions.
- Rikers Island Beat Down Suit Settles for $165,000, but Victim Won’t See a Penny, Sept. 2, 2018. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements, Seizure of Prisoner Funds.
- Illinois Prisoner Loses Use of Force Suit on Evidentiary Rulings, Aug. 28, 2018. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Expert Witnesses, Fourteenth Amendment, rights.
- 15 Years to Life for Jailers Who Beat Mentally Ill Prisoner to Death, Aug. 7, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Prison/Jail Murders, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death), Mental Health.
- North Carolina Prison Guard Beaten, Stabbed; Sources Say His Past Brutality Made Him a Target, Aug. 7, 2018. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Assaults on Staff.
- $30,000 Settlement Reached for New Jersey Prisoner Assaulted by Guards, July 27, 2018. Pain, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Staff Training.