Loaded on Sept. 15, 2011 published in Prison Legal News September, 2011, page 28
Joseph Wayne Eastridge and Joseph Nick Sousa, along with two co-defendants, were ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Remembering Attica Forty Years Later, by Dennis Cunningham
- Extra Earned Time Sentence Reductions Save Oregon $25 Million
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- 800,000 Ex-Offenders Regain Voting Rights – 5.3 Million More to Go
- Female Prisoners Removed from CCA Facility in Kentucky
- PLN Files Censorship Suit Against Michigan Jail over “Postcard Only” Policy
- Reform Comes to Maine Supermax: New commissioner cuts population by more than half; prisoner rights advocates help in the reform, by Lance Tapley
- $73,700 Jury Award for Guard’s Sexual Encounters with Massachusetts Prisoner, by David Reutter
- New Mexico Spends $20 Million in Federal Stimulus Money to Fund Prison Jobs
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Tennessee’s Financial Obligation Re-Enfranchisement Law, by Mark Wilson
- Ninth Circuit Finds Maricopa County Jail’s Cross-Gender Strip Searches Unreasonable
- $60 Million in Strip Search Settlements for Cook County Jail Prisoners, by Derek Gilna
- California: OAL Disapproves Proposed Parole Board Regulation Formalizing Lifer Risk Assessments, by Michael Brodheim
- Feds Pay Wrongfully Convicted D.C. Men $1.9 Million
- Florida Reenacts Reconstruction-Era Felon Disenfranchisement Rule, by David Reutter
- EEOC Files Suit Against GEO Group for Sexual Harassment at Arizona Prisons
- Georgia Deputy Fired for Refusing Threesome with Sheriff
- Feds Intervene in Suit, Allege “Sadistic” Stun Gun Use at Ohio Jail; Jail Settles, by Brandon Sample
- Federal Court Dismisses Virginia Lifers’ Parole Suit
- New Laws Improve Job Prospects for Former Prisoners
- Florida Prisoner’s Suicide Suit Settles for $500,000
- $85,000 Settlement in Philadelphia Wrongful Imprisonment Suit
- Former Federal Prisoner Seeks Almost $280,000 in Attorney Fees from BOP
- Prisoners Used to Clean Foreclosed Houses in Georgia
- Third Circuit Upholds Unanimity Requirement for Pennsylvania Pardon Recommendations
- Texas Chaplain Who Complained of Jail Conditions Reinstated, Suit Settled
- Protective Order Denied in Privately Run Florida Juvenile Facility Class-Action Suit, by David Reutter
- $4.5 Million Settlement in Texas County Jail Strip Search Suit
- Florida’s House Speaker Wants to Quicken Executions, by David Reutter
- Third Circuit Upholds Pennsylvania Sex Offender Treatment Parole Requirement, by Mark Wilson
- Michigan Prisoner’s Failure to Protect Case Settles for $100,000
- Florida Courts Criticize Indefinite Detention While Awaiting Civil Commitment Trials
- North Carolina Prisoner’s First-Degree Murder Conviction is Valid Basis to Deny Awarding Good Time Credits, by David Reutter
- Parole Violator Leaps to Death at Alaskan Jail
- North Carolina Jail Prisoner Housed with TB Infected Cellmate Receives $2,250 Settlement
- New Mexico State Auditor Investigates Prison Contracts
- Washington State Closes McNeil Island Prison, by David Reutter
- Canadian Prison Guards Hold Prisoners at Gunpoint for 10 Days
- Smoke ’Em if You Got ’Em, Says Oklahoma DOC
- California: Orange County Jail System Ordered to Remedy ADA Violations, by Michael Brodheim
- Oregon Settles Prisoner’s Heart Failure Medical Mistreatment Case for $390,000, by Mark Wilson
- Arizona County to Pay Ex-Prisoner $325,000 in Jail Guard Beating
- An American Radical: Political Prisoner in My Own Country, by Susan Rosenberg (Kensington Publishing Corp. 2011), 400 pages, $14.95 paperback
- UNICOR Wins $20 Million No-Bid Body Armor Contract
- Federal Stimulus Money Not Spent as Intended by San Diego County Probation Department
- Paperwork SNAFU Leaves Mentally Ill Woman Jailed in Louisiana for Eight Months
- California State Auditor Reports on CDCR Malfeasance
- Official Capacity Not the Same as Governmental Agency in Texas Civil Suit, by Matthew Clarke
- News In Brief
More from these topics:
- Exonerated Waukegan, Illinois, Man Receives $9 Million for Wrongful Conviction, Nov. 8, 2018. Settlements, Wrongful Conviction, Wrongful Imprisonment.
- Exonerated Prisoner Invests Portion of $20 Million Settlement to Start Barber School, Nov. 6, 2018. Settlements, Wrongful Conviction.
- U.S. Supreme Court: Plainly Miscalculated Guidelines Range Requires Appellate Court to Vacate Sentence in the Ordinary Case, Oct. 31, 2018. Sentencing.
- Rhode Island Supreme Court Takes on ‘Thorny Issues’ Presented by Sex Offender Registry Laws, Oct. 31, 2018. Sex Offender Registration, Sentencing.
- The Power of the Prosecutor: A Personal Account, Oct. 31, 2018. Criminal justice system reform, Guilty Pleas, Criminal Prosecution, Prosecutors, Sentencing, Collateral consequences of prison, Alternative Sentencing.
- Second Circuit Rules Police Not Entitled to Qualified Immunity After Failing to Comply With Terms of Material Witness Warrant, Oct. 31, 2018. Witnesses, Wrongful Imprisonment, Qualified Immunity.
- Conviction Integrity Units, Innocence Commissions Tackle Wrongful Convictions, Prosecutorial Misconduct, Oct. 25, 2018. Prosecutor/Attorney General Misconduct, Wrongful Conviction.
- Two Former Oklahoma Death Row Prisoners Obtain $3.15 Million Settlement, Oct. 11, 2018. Eighth Amendment, Attorney Misconduct, Wrongful Conviction, Death Row.
- Sixth Circuit: Procedural Error and Plain Error for Judge to ‘Surprise’ Defendant and Impose an Upward Variance, Sept. 23, 2018. Sentencing.
- $9 Million Settlement in Baltimore Wrongful Conviction Case, Sept. 23, 2018. Settlements, Wrongful Conviction.