Loaded on Sept. 15, 2011 published in Prison Legal News September, 2011, page 28
Joseph Wayne Eastridge and Joseph Nick Sousa, along with two co-defendants, were ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Remembering Attica Forty Years Later, by Dennis Cunningham
- Extra Earned Time Sentence Reductions Save Oregon $25 Million
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- 800,000 Ex-Offenders Regain Voting Rights – 5.3 Million More to Go
- Female Prisoners Removed from CCA Facility in Kentucky
- PLN Files Censorship Suit Against Michigan Jail over “Postcard Only” Policy
- Reform Comes to Maine Supermax: New commissioner cuts population by more than half; prisoner rights advocates help in the reform, by Lance Tapley
- $73,700 Jury Award for Guard’s Sexual Encounters with Massachusetts Prisoner, by David Reutter
- New Mexico Spends $20 Million in Federal Stimulus Money to Fund Prison Jobs
- Sixth Circuit Upholds Tennessee’s Financial Obligation Re-Enfranchisement Law, by Mark Wilson
- Ninth Circuit Finds Maricopa County Jail’s Cross-Gender Strip Searches Unreasonable
- $60 Million in Strip Search Settlements for Cook County Jail Prisoners, by Derek Gilna
- California: OAL Disapproves Proposed Parole Board Regulation Formalizing Lifer Risk Assessments, by Michael Brodheim
- Feds Pay Wrongfully Convicted D.C. Men $1.9 Million
- Florida Reenacts Reconstruction-Era Felon Disenfranchisement Rule, by David Reutter
- EEOC Files Suit Against GEO Group for Sexual Harassment at Arizona Prisons
- Georgia Deputy Fired for Refusing Threesome with Sheriff
- Feds Intervene in Suit, Allege “Sadistic” Stun Gun Use at Ohio Jail; Jail Settles, by Brandon Sample
- Federal Court Dismisses Virginia Lifers’ Parole Suit
- New Laws Improve Job Prospects for Former Prisoners
- Florida Prisoner’s Suicide Suit Settles for $500,000
- $85,000 Settlement in Philadelphia Wrongful Imprisonment Suit
- Former Federal Prisoner Seeks Almost $280,000 in Attorney Fees from BOP
- Prisoners Used to Clean Foreclosed Houses in Georgia
- Third Circuit Upholds Unanimity Requirement for Pennsylvania Pardon Recommendations
- Texas Chaplain Who Complained of Jail Conditions Reinstated, Suit Settled
- Protective Order Denied in Privately Run Florida Juvenile Facility Class-Action Suit, by David Reutter
- $4.5 Million Settlement in Texas County Jail Strip Search Suit
- Florida’s House Speaker Wants to Quicken Executions, by David Reutter
- Third Circuit Upholds Pennsylvania Sex Offender Treatment Parole Requirement, by Mark Wilson
- Michigan Prisoner’s Failure to Protect Case Settles for $100,000
- Florida Courts Criticize Indefinite Detention While Awaiting Civil Commitment Trials
- North Carolina Prisoner’s First-Degree Murder Conviction is Valid Basis to Deny Awarding Good Time Credits, by David Reutter
- Parole Violator Leaps to Death at Alaskan Jail
- North Carolina Jail Prisoner Housed with TB Infected Cellmate Receives $2,250 Settlement
- New Mexico State Auditor Investigates Prison Contracts
- Washington State Closes McNeil Island Prison, by David Reutter
- Canadian Prison Guards Hold Prisoners at Gunpoint for 10 Days
- Smoke ’Em if You Got ’Em, Says Oklahoma DOC
- California: Orange County Jail System Ordered to Remedy ADA Violations, by Michael Brodheim
- Oregon Settles Prisoner’s Heart Failure Medical Mistreatment Case for $390,000, by Mark Wilson
- Arizona County to Pay Ex-Prisoner $325,000 in Jail Guard Beating
- An American Radical: Political Prisoner in My Own Country, by Susan Rosenberg (Kensington Publishing Corp. 2011), 400 pages, $14.95 paperback
- UNICOR Wins $20 Million No-Bid Body Armor Contract
- Federal Stimulus Money Not Spent as Intended by San Diego County Probation Department
- Paperwork SNAFU Leaves Mentally Ill Woman Jailed in Louisiana for Eight Months
- California State Auditor Reports on CDCR Malfeasance
- Official Capacity Not the Same as Governmental Agency in Texas Civil Suit, by Matthew Clarke
- News In Brief
More from these topics:
- First Step Act Passes – Includes Federal Sentencing, Prison Reforms, Jan. 8, 2019. Prison Reform, Criminal justice system reform, Sentencing, U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Secret Settlement Resolves Unlikely Lawsuit Against Northwestern Innocence Project, Jan. 8, 2019. Conditions of Confinement, Attorneys, Wrongful Conviction, Death Penalty.
- California Court of Appeal: Youth Offender Parole Statute Trumps Consecutive Prison Term Statute, Dec. 30, 2018. Sentencing, Parole, Juveniles.
- Scottish Psychologist’s Study Focuses On Why the Innocent May Confess to Crimes, Dec. 30, 2018. Police Misconduct, Guilty Pleas, Statistics/Trends, Wrongful Conviction, International.
- I once wrote mandatory minimum laws. After ties to Abramoff landed me in prison, I know they must end., Dec. 28, 2018. Sentencing.
- Seventh Circuit: Procedural Error Occurs When Miscount of Prior Convictions Basis for Sentence, Resentencing Required, Dec. 21, 2018. Sentencing, Criminal Procedure.
- The Fallibility of Forensic Science: Crime-Solving Tool Can Lead to Wrongful Convictions—and Belated Exonerations, Dec. 14, 2018. DNA Testing/Samples, Criminal Prosecution, Statistics/Trends, Crime Labs, junk science, Wrongful Conviction.
- Family of Wrongfully Convicted Missouri Prisoner Receives $14 Million, Dec. 7, 2018. Settlements, Wrongful Conviction.
- Report on Capital Punishment in Pennsylvania Released; Moratorium Continues, Dec. 5, 2018. Statistics/Trends, Sentencing, Death Penalty.
- $17 Million Payout for Yet Another Wrongful Conviction in Chicago, Dec. 5, 2018. Police Misconduct, Wrongful Conviction.