Loaded on Jan. 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News January, 2012, page 29
Norman L. Gladney ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Days Without End: Life Sentences and Penal Reform, by Marie Gottschalk
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Family of Prisoner Strangled in Oklahoma GEO Private Prison Awarded $6.5 Million, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida, Arizona Sell and Lease Back Prisons and Other State Buildings
- The Societal Impact of the Prison Industrial Complex, or Incarceration for Fun and Profit—Mostly Profit, by Alex Friedmann
- Virginia Wrongful Death Jail Suit Against Correct Care Solutions Settled for $1 Million
- Problems at North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab
- Federal Judge Sanctions Florida Sheriff’s Attorney for Threatening Plaintiff with Arrest
- Budget Crisis Closes Oregon Prison for First Time in 159 Years
- PLN Wins $230,000 in Settlement that Ends Spokane, Washington Jail’s Postcard-Only Rule
- Deaths at Texas Jail Reveal Health Care Deficiencies
- California Prison Industry Authority Offers to Replace Offensive Grave Markers
- Oregon Prisoner Property Claims Cost State $60,000 Annually
- Texas Prisoner’s Denial of Dentures Claim Affirmed in Part, Reversed in Part by Fifth Circuit
- Review: Directory of Inmate Shopping Services E-Commerce, by Michael Brodheim
- Typewriters Alive and Well in American Prisons Despite Reports of Their Demise
- California Criminalizes Cell Phone Smuggling, Seeks Technology to Block Cell Phone Calls from Prisons
- Washington Prison Guard’s Murder Results in Demotions, Firings and $26,000 Fine, by Mark Wilson
- BOP Fails to Prove Non-Exhaustion Following Pavey Hearing, by Mark Wilson
- North Carolina Warden Charged With Obstruction in Beating Coverup
- North Carolina Jury Awards $10 Million in Wrongful Death Suit Against Taser, by Matthew Clarke
- Illinois Prison Wages Cannot be Attached to Satisfy Incarceration Costs, by David Reutter
- CMS Pays $275,000 in New York Prisoner’s Jail Death
- Audit Finds California Prison Employees Routinely Work Less Than 40 Hours a Week
- Tennessee Court Again Orders CCA to Produce Records in PLN Public Records Case
- Aramark Loses Laundry Contract to Oregon Prisoners
- Prisoner Bike Repair Program Benefits St. Louis Kids
- Russian Prison Officials Sentenced for Torture and Rape of Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- California Muslim Prisoner Afforded Access to Kosher Diet Pending Implementation of “Religious Meat Alternate Program”
- Oregon Discontinues Failed Prisoner Deportation Program
- Head of Missouri Jail Sentenced for Beating, Arranging Attacks on Prisoners
- Prisoners Contribute to Flood Control Efforts in Louisiana
- News in Brief:
More from these topics:
- Colorado Springs Police Target Leftist Group's Peaceful Protest, Feb. 22, 2018. Police Misconduct, War on Terror, Police, False Arrest.
- Man Arrested for Crime He Stopped Sues for $1.5 Million, Feb. 22, 2018. False Arrest.
- Former Illinois State Attorney Indicted: Misconduct, Misappropriation of Funds, Feb. 22, 2018. Attorney Misconduct.
- Florida Deputy Arrested for Burglarizing 85-Year Old's Home, Feb. 22, 2018. Police Misconduct, Police, Property.
- Report: Asset Forfeiture Distorts Police Priorities, Feb. 22, 2018. Police Misconduct, Forfeiture, Police.
- 67 Counts for Cop Who Had Sex With Underage Girl, Feb. 22, 2018. Assault by Police, Police Misconduct, Police.
- Cop Who Firebombed Supervisor's House Gets 20 Years, Feb. 22, 2018. Police Misconduct, Police.
- Cleveland Policeman With History of Excessive Force Arraigned on Assault Charges, Feb. 22, 2018. Police Misconduct, Police, Excessive Force (Police).
- Civil Asset Forfeiture: Unfair, Unjust, Un-American, Feb. 16, 2018. Money/Property, Forfeiture, Property.
- Two-Party Consent Law Forces Dismissal of 61 Cases in Washington Sting, Feb. 16, 2018. Police Misconduct, False Arrest, Criminal Procedure.