Loaded on Jan. 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News January, 2012, page 29
Norman L. Gladney ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Days Without End: Life Sentences and Penal Reform, by Marie Gottschalk
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Family of Prisoner Strangled in Oklahoma GEO Private Prison Awarded $6.5 Million, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida, Arizona Sell and Lease Back Prisons and Other State Buildings
- The Societal Impact of the Prison Industrial Complex, or Incarceration for Fun and Profit—Mostly Profit, by Alex Friedmann
- Virginia Wrongful Death Jail Suit Against Correct Care Solutions Settled for $1 Million
- Problems at North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab
- Federal Judge Sanctions Florida Sheriff’s Attorney for Threatening Plaintiff with Arrest
- Budget Crisis Closes Oregon Prison for First Time in 159 Years
- PLN Wins $230,000 in Settlement that Ends Spokane, Washington Jail’s Postcard-Only Rule
- Deaths at Texas Jail Reveal Health Care Deficiencies
- California Prison Industry Authority Offers to Replace Offensive Grave Markers
- Texas Prisoner’s Denial of Dentures Claim Affirmed in Part, Reversed in Part by Fifth Circuit
- Oregon Prisoner Property Claims Cost State $60,000 Annually
- Typewriters Alive and Well in American Prisons Despite Reports of Their Demise
- Review: Directory of Inmate Shopping Services E-Commerce, by Michael Brodheim
- California Criminalizes Cell Phone Smuggling, Seeks Technology to Block Cell Phone Calls from Prisons
- Washington Prison Guard’s Murder Results in Demotions, Firings and $26,000 Fine, by Mark Wilson
- BOP Fails to Prove Non-Exhaustion Following Pavey Hearing, by Mark Wilson
- North Carolina Warden Charged With Obstruction in Beating Coverup
- Illinois Prison Wages Cannot be Attached to Satisfy Incarceration Costs, by David Reutter
- North Carolina Jury Awards $10 Million in Wrongful Death Suit Against Taser, by Matthew Clarke
- CMS Pays $275,000 in New York Prisoner’s Jail Death
- Audit Finds California Prison Employees Routinely Work Less Than 40 Hours a Week
- Tennessee Court Again Orders CCA to Produce Records in PLN Public Records Case
- Prisoner Bike Repair Program Benefits St. Louis Kids
- Russian Prison Officials Sentenced for Torture and Rape of Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- Aramark Loses Laundry Contract to Oregon Prisoners
- California Muslim Prisoner Afforded Access to Kosher Diet Pending Implementation of “Religious Meat Alternate Program”
- Oregon Discontinues Failed Prisoner Deportation Program
- Head of Missouri Jail Sentenced for Beating, Arranging Attacks on Prisoners
- Prisoners Contribute to Flood Control Efforts in Louisiana
- News in Brief:
More from these topics:
- Naturalized U.S. Citizen Receives $400,000 after Being Illegally Held by ICE for 71 Months, Sept. 13, 2017. Wrongful Imprisonment, Immigration, False Arrest.
- First Circuit Denies Qualified Immunity to Police Officer for Arrest Without Probable Cause, Sept. 8, 2017. Qualified Immunity, Protective Custody, False Arrest.
- Notre Dame Police Department Not a 'Public Agency' and Indiana Supreme Court Dismisses ESPN Lawsuit Under Public Records Act, Aug. 22, 2017. Police, Public Records Act.
- Wrongfully Arrested for Murder, Prisoner Dies in California Jail; Corizon Loses Contract , June 30, 2017. California Forensic Medical Group, Corizon, Respiratory, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, False Arrest.
- Florida Supreme Court Reinstates $3.3 Million Verdict against Bank for Falsely Accusing Customer of Being Bank Robber, June 14, 2017. Qualified Immunity, False Arrest, Excessive Force (Police).
- Fifth Circuit Denied Claim of Immunity by Sheriff's Deputy, Rejects His Appeal in Fourth Amendment False Arrest Lawsuit, June 14, 2017. Immunity/Liability, False Arrest.
- Federal Court Orders Missouri Police to Answer Questions, Produce Documents in False Arrest Lawsuit, June 14, 2017. Vehicle Searches, Discovery, False Arrest.
- The Dangerous Notion of a Nationwide Crime Wave, March 31, 2017. Crime, Statistics/Trends, Police.
- Stop Kidding Yourself: The Police Were Created to Control Working Class and Poor People, March 31, 2017. Racial Discrimination, Police.
- Colorado: Demonstrators Clash with Police over Seizure of Jury Nullification Pamphlets, March 9, 2017. Protests, Jury Instructions, Police.