Loaded on Jan. 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News January, 2012, page 24
The CCS nurse, Nigist Ketema, was also named as a defendant, along with CCS ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Days Without End: Life Sentences and Penal Reform, by Marie Gottschalk
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Family of Prisoner Strangled in Oklahoma GEO Private Prison Awarded $6.5 Million, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida, Arizona Sell and Lease Back Prisons and Other State Buildings
- The Societal Impact of the Prison Industrial Complex, or Incarceration for Fun and Profit—Mostly Profit, by Alex Friedmann
- Virginia Wrongful Death Jail Suit Against Correct Care Solutions Settled for $1 Million
- Problems at North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab
- Federal Judge Sanctions Florida Sheriff’s Attorney for Threatening Plaintiff with Arrest
- Budget Crisis Closes Oregon Prison for First Time in 159 Years
- PLN Wins $230,000 in Settlement that Ends Spokane, Washington Jail’s Postcard-Only Rule
- Deaths at Texas Jail Reveal Health Care Deficiencies
- California Prison Industry Authority Offers to Replace Offensive Grave Markers
- Oregon Prisoner Property Claims Cost State $60,000 Annually
- Texas Prisoner’s Denial of Dentures Claim Affirmed in Part, Reversed in Part by Fifth Circuit
- Review: Directory of Inmate Shopping Services E-Commerce, by Michael Brodheim
- Typewriters Alive and Well in American Prisons Despite Reports of Their Demise
- California Criminalizes Cell Phone Smuggling, Seeks Technology to Block Cell Phone Calls from Prisons
- Washington Prison Guard’s Murder Results in Demotions, Firings and $26,000 Fine, by Mark Wilson
- BOP Fails to Prove Non-Exhaustion Following Pavey Hearing, by Mark Wilson
- North Carolina Warden Charged With Obstruction in Beating Coverup
- North Carolina Jury Awards $10 Million in Wrongful Death Suit Against Taser, by Matthew Clarke
- Illinois Prison Wages Cannot be Attached to Satisfy Incarceration Costs, by David Reutter
- CMS Pays $275,000 in New York Prisoner’s Jail Death
- Audit Finds California Prison Employees Routinely Work Less Than 40 Hours a Week
- Tennessee Court Again Orders CCA to Produce Records in PLN Public Records Case
- Aramark Loses Laundry Contract to Oregon Prisoners
- Prisoner Bike Repair Program Benefits St. Louis Kids
- Russian Prison Officials Sentenced for Torture and Rape of Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- California Muslim Prisoner Afforded Access to Kosher Diet Pending Implementation of “Religious Meat Alternate Program”
- Oregon Discontinues Failed Prisoner Deportation Program
- Head of Missouri Jail Sentenced for Beating, Arranging Attacks on Prisoners
- Prisoners Contribute to Flood Control Efforts in Louisiana
- News in Brief:
More from these topics:
- Daughter of Texas Prisoner Who Died from Asthma Attack Receives Settlement, June 21, 2018. Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Eighth Amendment, Ventilation, Wrongful Death.
- $95,000 Settlement in Suit Over Idaho Jail Prisoner's Death, June 16, 2018. Medical, Drug Overdose, Overcrowding, Ventilation, Jail Specific, Settlements, Probation, 1964 Civil Rights Act, Wrongful Death, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Staff Training, 42 U.S. Code § 1983, civil action for deprivation of rights.
- $12,500 Settlement in Suit Over Ohio Death Row Prisoner's Suicide, June 16, 2018. Settlements, Death Penalty/Death Row, Wrongful Death, Suicides, Staff Training.
- Settlement in Lawsuit Over Missouri Jail Prisoner’s Death, June 8, 2018. Cardiovascular, Failure to Treat, Settlements, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Kansas Prisoner Who Warned “Something is Eating my Brain” Dies of Untreated Brain Infection, June 8, 2018. Corizon, Brain Injury, Failure to Treat, Infections, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Incorrect Cause of Tennessee Prisoner’s Death Reported by CoreCivic Employees, June 7, 2018. Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Contractor Misconduct, Drug Overdose, Statistics/Trends, Wrongful Death.
- Numerous Deaths, Sealed Settlements in North Carolina Jails, June 5, 2018. Settlements, Wrongful Death.
- While in Custody: The Fight to Stop Jail Deaths in Washington State, June 5, 2018. CONMED, Drug/Alcohol Withdrawal, Wrongful Death, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death), Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Accidents, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death), Suicides.
- Federal Inmate's Widow Receives $750,000 Settlement for Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death, May 17, 2018. Medical, Malpractice, Conditions of Confinement, Wrongful Death.
- Family of California Man Wrongfully Killed by Hemet, California, Police Settle for $92,000, May 9, 2018. Wrongful Death, Police, Police Chases.