Loaded on Jan. 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News January, 2012, page 24
The CCS nurse, Nigist Ketema, was also named as a defendant, along with CCS ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Days Without End: Life Sentences and Penal Reform, by Marie Gottschalk
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Family of Prisoner Strangled in Oklahoma GEO Private Prison Awarded $6.5 Million, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida, Arizona Sell and Lease Back Prisons and Other State Buildings
- The Societal Impact of the Prison Industrial Complex, or Incarceration for Fun and Profit—Mostly Profit, by Alex Friedmann
- Virginia Wrongful Death Jail Suit Against Correct Care Solutions Settled for $1 Million
- Problems at North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab
- Federal Judge Sanctions Florida Sheriff’s Attorney for Threatening Plaintiff with Arrest
- Budget Crisis Closes Oregon Prison for First Time in 159 Years
- PLN Wins $230,000 in Settlement that Ends Spokane, Washington Jail’s Postcard-Only Rule
- Deaths at Texas Jail Reveal Health Care Deficiencies
- California Prison Industry Authority Offers to Replace Offensive Grave Markers
- Texas Prisoner’s Denial of Dentures Claim Affirmed in Part, Reversed in Part by Fifth Circuit
- Oregon Prisoner Property Claims Cost State $60,000 Annually
- Typewriters Alive and Well in American Prisons Despite Reports of Their Demise
- Review: Directory of Inmate Shopping Services E-Commerce, by Michael Brodheim
- California Criminalizes Cell Phone Smuggling, Seeks Technology to Block Cell Phone Calls from Prisons
- Washington Prison Guard’s Murder Results in Demotions, Firings and $26,000 Fine, by Mark Wilson
- BOP Fails to Prove Non-Exhaustion Following Pavey Hearing, by Mark Wilson
- North Carolina Warden Charged With Obstruction in Beating Coverup
- Illinois Prison Wages Cannot be Attached to Satisfy Incarceration Costs, by David Reutter
- North Carolina Jury Awards $10 Million in Wrongful Death Suit Against Taser, by Matthew Clarke
- CMS Pays $275,000 in New York Prisoner’s Jail Death
- Audit Finds California Prison Employees Routinely Work Less Than 40 Hours a Week
- Tennessee Court Again Orders CCA to Produce Records in PLN Public Records Case
- Prisoner Bike Repair Program Benefits St. Louis Kids
- Russian Prison Officials Sentenced for Torture and Rape of Prisoners, by Matthew Clarke
- Aramark Loses Laundry Contract to Oregon Prisoners
- California Muslim Prisoner Afforded Access to Kosher Diet Pending Implementation of “Religious Meat Alternate Program”
- Oregon Discontinues Failed Prisoner Deportation Program
- Head of Missouri Jail Sentenced for Beating, Arranging Attacks on Prisoners
- Prisoners Contribute to Flood Control Efforts in Louisiana
- News in Brief:
More from these topics:
- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke’s Jail Under Fire for Deaths, Civil Rights Abuses, Aug. 30, 2017. Restraints, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death), Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Almost 270 Die in Pre-trial Detention in Canadian Jails in Last Five Years, Aug. 30, 2017. Statistics/Trends, Wrongful Death.
- Numerous Lawsuits Filed Against Corizon Nationwide; Company Loses Contracts, Aug. 30, 2017. Corizon, Medical Misconduct, Systemic Medical Neglect, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Deaths at North Carolina Jail Due to Lack of Medical, Mental Health Care, Aug. 29, 2017. Seizures, Drug Overdose, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death), Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Suicides.
- Alaska Prisoner Deaths Criticized in Report, Author Becomes New DOC Commissioner, July 28, 2017. Drug/Alcohol Withdrawal, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death), Failure to Treat (Mental Illness), Staff Training.
- Rats, bugs and ‘natural’ deaths at nation’s largest women’s prison, July 12, 2017. Corizon, HIV/AIDS, Respiratory, Cancer, OB/GYN, Diabetes, Contagious Disease -- Misc., Failure to Treat, Food, Sanitation, Vermin, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- At Lowell, sex, death and a probe riddled with questions, July 12, 2017. Staff-Prisoner Assault, Corizon, Guard Misconduct, Medication, Forcible Treatment, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Control Units.
- Wrongfully Arrested for Murder, Prisoner Dies in California Jail; Corizon Loses Contract , June 30, 2017. California Forensic Medical Group, Corizon, Respiratory, Medical Neglect/Malpractice, False Arrest.
- New York State Attorney General Settles Suit Against Jail’s Medical Provider, June 30, 2017. Armor Correctional Health Services, Systemic Medical Neglect, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.
- Continued Failure in Privatized Medical Care at Kentucky Jails, June 30, 2017. Private Contractors, Medical Neglect/Malpractice.