Loaded on March 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News March, 2012, page 36
Aristotle Tarboro was booked into the Northampton County Prison ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- How Victim Rights Shaped Spending, Laws and the Future of Punishment in Colorado, by Alan Prendergast
- Survey Shows College Courses for Prisoners Reduce Recidivism, but Few Exist, by Matthew Clarke
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Georgia Jail Guards Charged in Prisoner Abuse Incident
- Medical Parole Law Costs California Taxpayers Millions of Dollars
- Workers’ Comp Claims by Illinois Prison Guards Under Investigation, by David Reutter
- Offenders Cannot Sue Over Violations of Interstate Probation Transfer Compact
- Exec with GEO Group, which Operates Immigration Detention Facilities, Intimidates Immigrant In-Law
- 31,000 Criminal Cases Under Review After Detroit Crime Lab Closes
- CCA Objects to Shareholder Resolution Filed by Former CCA Prisoner, PLN Associate Editor
- $125,000 Settlement in New Jersey Jail Delayed MRSA Treatment Case
- Electronic Monitoring: Some Causes for Concern, by James Kilgore
- Pennsylvania Jail Guard Accused of Stealing from 93-Year-Old Widow
- U.S. Department of Justice Releases Statistics on Jail Prisoners at Midyear 2010, by Matthew Clarke
- Settlement in Alabama Prison Overcrowding and Violence Suit, by David Reutter
- $10 Million Settlement in Suit Over Oklahoma Sheriff’s Sex Abuse Scandal, by David Reutter
- Death Sentence Reversed Due to “Accidental” Perjury by Texas Prison Investigator, by Matthew Clarke
- Forty Percent of Adult Offenders Return to Prison Within Three Years of Release
- HRDC Files Suit on Behalf of Family of Hawaii Prisoner Murdered at CCA Facility
- Texas Psychologist Who Approved Prisoners for Execution Receives Reprimand, by Matthew Clarke
- Prisons in California, Indiana and New Mexico Go Solar
- New Prison HIV Medication Rules Subject of Massachusetts Suit
- California’s Race-Based Prison Lockdowns Targeted in Class-Action Lawsuit
- Federal Halfway House Director Embezzles $213,787, by Mark Wilson
- Maine Prison Warden’s Purchase of State Property Voided
- Empty Jail Beds Bankrupting Minnesota Counties
- Report Says Reentry Agencies Should Hire Former Prisoners, by Joe Watson
- $105,000 Settlement for Pennsylvania Jail Prisoner Assaulted by Tobacco Gang
- Former Oregon Prison Nurse Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges
- South Carolina Crime Stoppers Snitch Line Scammed, by Brandon Sample
- $500,000 Jury Award for Rape of New York Pretrial Detainee Reinstated on Appeal
- Two Charged with Scamming $2.6 Million from Prisoners and Prisoners’ Families
- Supreme Court Boots Challenge to SORNA
- Indiana Cuts Prison College Courses, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida Jail to Discontinue Providing Underwear, by David Reutter
- Report Criticizes Ohio Prison Doctor Who Resigned, by David Reutter
- Texas Prison Employees Accused of Improper Relationships with Sex Offenders
- Texas Prisoners Serve Average of 58% of Their Sentences, by Matthew Clarke
- Idaho Jail Institutes Pay-to-Stay-Out Program
- California Court of Appeal Upholds Attorney’s Fee Award in Excessive Force Case
- $1 Million Settlement in Oklahoma Jail Prisoner Wrongful Death Suit, by Matthew Clarke
- Los Angeles ADA Agrees to Pay $1.2 Million to Settle DUI Suit, by Michael Brodheim
- California: CDCR Releases 2011 Recidivism Report
- California: Orange County Settles Suit Over Jail Detainee’s Death for $2.1 Million, by Michael Brodheim
- Missouri Federal Court Enjoins Denial of Housing Assistance to Sex Offender, by Matthew Clarke
- Haitian Prison Conditions Deteriorate in Aftermath of Massive Earthquake, by Holly S. Cooper
- Nebraska Judge Dismisses Charges Against Omaha Jailers, by Matthew Clarke
- News in Brief
More from these topics:
- Lawsuits allege failings in Pennsylvania elevator shaft deaths of officer, prisoner, July 16, 2018. Work Conditions/Safety, Failure to Protect (General), Wrongful Death.
- $125,000 Settlement in Case of Michigan Man Who Killed Himself In Jail, July 8, 2018. Failure to Protect (General), Eighth Amendment, Suicides.
- Ex-Prisoner Awarded $150,000 after 'Savage Beating' Arranged by Guards, July 6, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Settlements.
- Troubles at California Jail Lead Sheriff to Forgo Reelection, July 6, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Government Misconduct, Guards/Staff.
- Oregon: Former Clackamas Deputy, Probation Officer Sentenced for Child Rape, July 2, 2018. Sexual Assault, Guard Misconduct, Crime.
- Mother of Utah Prisoner Who Starved to Death in County Jail Accepts Settlement, June 21, 2018. Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Failure to Protect (General), Food, Jail Specific, Wrongful Death, Mental Health, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- Pennsylvania Prison Inmate Receives Settlement for Ceiling Collapse Injury, June 20, 2018. Injury -- Misc., Conditions of Confinement, Failure to Protect (General), Showers.
- Cause of Action for Shaming Sex Therapy May Not Accrue Until after Release from Prison, June 7, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Jail Misconduct, Mental Health, Involuntary Treatment/Drugging.
- LA County Deputy Sheriff Awarded $4.5 Million in Retaliation Suit, May 18, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Retaliation, Police.
- In the Eye of the Storm: When Hurricanes Impact Prisons and Jails, May 17, 2018. Conditions of Confinement, Failure to Protect (General), Shelter, Hurricane Katrina.