Loaded on March 15, 2012 published in Prison Legal News March, 2012, page 36
Aristotle Tarboro was booked into the Northampton County Prison ...
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- How Victim Rights Shaped Spending, Laws and the Future of Punishment in Colorado, by Alan Prendergast
- Survey Shows College Courses for Prisoners Reduce Recidivism, but Few Exist, by Matthew Clarke
- From the Editor, by Paul Wright
- Georgia Jail Guards Charged in Prisoner Abuse Incident
- Medical Parole Law Costs California Taxpayers Millions of Dollars
- Workers’ Comp Claims by Illinois Prison Guards Under Investigation, by David Reutter
- Offenders Cannot Sue Over Violations of Interstate Probation Transfer Compact
- Exec with GEO Group, which Operates Immigration Detention Facilities, Intimidates Immigrant In-Law
- 31,000 Criminal Cases Under Review After Detroit Crime Lab Closes
- CCA Objects to Shareholder Resolution Filed by Former CCA Prisoner, PLN Associate Editor
- $125,000 Settlement in New Jersey Jail Delayed MRSA Treatment Case
- Electronic Monitoring: Some Causes for Concern, by James Kilgore
- Pennsylvania Jail Guard Accused of Stealing from 93-Year-Old Widow
- U.S. Department of Justice Releases Statistics on Jail Prisoners at Midyear 2010, by Matthew Clarke
- Settlement in Alabama Prison Overcrowding and Violence Suit, by David Reutter
- $10 Million Settlement in Suit Over Oklahoma Sheriff’s Sex Abuse Scandal, by David Reutter
- Death Sentence Reversed Due to “Accidental” Perjury by Texas Prison Investigator, by Matthew Clarke
- Forty Percent of Adult Offenders Return to Prison Within Three Years of Release
- HRDC Files Suit on Behalf of Family of Hawaii Prisoner Murdered at CCA Facility
- Texas Psychologist Who Approved Prisoners for Execution Receives Reprimand, by Matthew Clarke
- Prisons in California, Indiana and New Mexico Go Solar
- New Prison HIV Medication Rules Subject of Massachusetts Suit
- California’s Race-Based Prison Lockdowns Targeted in Class-Action Lawsuit
- Federal Halfway House Director Embezzles $213,787, by Mark Wilson
- Maine Prison Warden’s Purchase of State Property Voided
- Empty Jail Beds Bankrupting Minnesota Counties
- Report Says Reentry Agencies Should Hire Former Prisoners, by Joe Watson
- $105,000 Settlement for Pennsylvania Jail Prisoner Assaulted by Tobacco Gang
- Former Oregon Prison Nurse Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges
- South Carolina Crime Stoppers Snitch Line Scammed, by Brandon Sample
- $500,000 Jury Award for Rape of New York Pretrial Detainee Reinstated on Appeal
- Two Charged with Scamming $2.6 Million from Prisoners and Prisoners’ Families
- Supreme Court Boots Challenge to SORNA
- Indiana Cuts Prison College Courses, by Matthew Clarke
- Florida Jail to Discontinue Providing Underwear, by David Reutter
- Report Criticizes Ohio Prison Doctor Who Resigned, by David Reutter
- Texas Prison Employees Accused of Improper Relationships with Sex Offenders
- Texas Prisoners Serve Average of 58% of Their Sentences, by Matthew Clarke
- Idaho Jail Institutes Pay-to-Stay-Out Program
- California Court of Appeal Upholds Attorney’s Fee Award in Excessive Force Case
- $1 Million Settlement in Oklahoma Jail Prisoner Wrongful Death Suit, by Matthew Clarke
- Los Angeles ADA Agrees to Pay $1.2 Million to Settle DUI Suit, by Michael Brodheim
- California: CDCR Releases 2011 Recidivism Report
- California: Orange County Settles Suit Over Jail Detainee’s Death for $2.1 Million, by Michael Brodheim
- Missouri Federal Court Enjoins Denial of Housing Assistance to Sex Offender, by Matthew Clarke
- Haitian Prison Conditions Deteriorate in Aftermath of Massive Earthquake, by Holly S. Cooper
- Nebraska Judge Dismisses Charges Against Omaha Jailers, by Matthew Clarke
- News in Brief
More from these topics:
- Prison Officials Acted Under State-Agent Immunity, April 21, 2018. Work Conditions/Safety, Failure to Protect (General), Security Systems, Guards/Staff.
- New Jersey Supreme Court Interprets Criminal Harassment Statute to Avoid First Amendment Problem, April 19, 2018. Staff-Staff Harassment, Guard Misconduct, First Amendment, rights.
- California Supreme Court Grants Habeas Petition and Vacates Capital Murder Conviction Due to False Expert Testimony at Trial, April 19, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Expert Witnesses, Habeas Corpus, Death Penalty.
- Alaska Prisoners Stripped, Paraded on “Dog Leashes,” Held Naked for 12 Hours, April 2, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Exposure to Cold, Clothing, Grievances.
- Twenty-six Indicted After Gang Investigation, Including Two Prison Guards, April 2, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Prison Gangs.
- Florida KKK Guards Convicted in Plot to Kill Former Prisoner, April 2, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Racial Discrimination, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Conspiracy (Civil Procedure).
- Oregon Jailer Facing Sex Charges Improperly Denied Insanity Defense, April 2, 2018. Staff-Prisoner Assault, Guard Misconduct, Defenses.
- Global Tel*Link Settles Mississippi Prison Bribery Case for $2.5 Million, April 2, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Contractor Misconduct, DOC/BOP misconduct.
- Colorado Federal Jury Awards $50,000 to Prisoner Assaulted by Deputy in Court, April 2, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Restraints.
- Prisons and Jails Impose More Restrictions on Mail, Visits to Curtail Contraband, April 2, 2018. Guard Misconduct, Clothing, Mail Regulations, Visiting, PLN Litigation.