Loaded on April 15, 1993 published in Prison Legal News April, 1993, page 6
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Three Strikes and You're Out, Again, by Ed Mead
- Release Not Appropriate Relief for Beatings
- Prison Escapes and Killings Down
- 24 Cops Killed in First Half of 1992
- Inquiry Stepped up in Georgia Prison Sex Case
- VA Builds More Prisons
- NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
- NYC Claims Prisoners Shoot Themselves to File Suit
- Death Row Prisoners Can Marry
- Denial of Winter Clothing Cruel and Unusual
- Punishment of Pretrial Detainees Unlawful
- Change in IFP Status Does Not Require Fee Payment
- Right to Religious Diet Clearly Established
- Confiscation of Law Books States Claim
- Infraction Suits Must Exhaust Administrative Remedies
- Wisconsin Lacks Adequate State Remedies for Due Process Violations
- Nominal Damages Awarded in Prison Rape Case
- State Liable for County Jail Overcrowding
- Damages Awarded to HIV+ Jail Prisoner
- Blind Pretrial Detainees Entitled to Treatment
- DOC Phone Rip Off, by Paul Wright
- From The Editor, by Paul Wright
- AT&T Exploits Prison Labor
- Peruvian Political Prisoners Mistreated, by Paul Wright
- Prison Riot Crushed in Venezuela
- New Video Tape Available
- Article Clarification Revisited, by RK
More from these topics:
- Hudson County Settles for $407,500 over Wrongful Death of New Jersey Inmate, May 18, 2018. Medical, Failure to Treat, Malpractice, Jail Specific, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death).
- Wiccan Prisoner Gains Right to Religious Practices within California Prisons, May 18, 2018. Religious Discrimination, Settlements, Denial of Religious Services.
- Texas Jail Administrator Receives $115,000 Settlement for Wrongful Termination, May 17, 2018. Medical, Cancer, Jail Specific, Americans with Disabilities Act, Disabled Employees.
- Prisoner Awarded $25,000 Against Texas Guard Who Facilitated Assault, May 17, 2018. Prison Gangs, Injury -- Misc., Damages, Depositions, Trials.
- Federal Inmate's Widow Receives $750,000 Settlement for Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death, May 17, 2018. Medical, Malpractice, Conditions of Confinement, Wrongful Death.
- New Jersey Student Receives $290,000 Settlement after July 4 Police Assault, May 9, 2018. Medical, Injury -- Misc., Excessive Force, Settlements, Staff Training, Excessive Force (Police).
- Virginia Federal Court Holds Nation of Gods and Earth is a Religion, May 8, 2018. Gang Policies, Religious Discrimination, Religious Freedom, Denial of Religious Services, Religion Defined.
- Female Prisoners More Likely to be HIV Positive than Non-prisoners, May 7, 2018. Gender Discrimination -- Women, HIV/AIDS, Statistics/Trends.
- Former Pennsylvania Guards Settle FMLA Lawsuits for $110,000, May 7, 2018. Medical, Guards/Staff, Employee Litigation.
- Imprisoned for Offering Oral Sex: Ill-Founded Laws Criminalize People With HIV, May 1, 2018. Discrimination, Racial Discrimination, Medical, HIV/AIDS, Fair Housing Act, Federal Housing Act, Health Care Quality Improvement Act.