Loaded on April 15, 1993 published in Prison Legal News April, 1993, page 5
Full article and associated cases available to subscribers.
As a digital subscriber to Prison Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from this issue:
- Three Strikes and You're Out, Again, by Ed Mead
- Release Not Appropriate Relief for Beatings
- Prison Escapes and Killings Down
- 24 Cops Killed in First Half of 1992
- Inquiry Stepped up in Georgia Prison Sex Case
- VA Builds More Prisons
- NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
- NYC Claims Prisoners Shoot Themselves to File Suit
- Death Row Prisoners Can Marry
- Denial of Winter Clothing Cruel and Unusual
- Punishment of Pretrial Detainees Unlawful
- Change in IFP Status Does Not Require Fee Payment
- Right to Religious Diet Clearly Established
- Confiscation of Law Books States Claim
- Infraction Suits Must Exhaust Administrative Remedies
- Wisconsin Lacks Adequate State Remedies for Due Process Violations
- Nominal Damages Awarded in Prison Rape Case
- State Liable for County Jail Overcrowding
- Damages Awarded to HIV+ Jail Prisoner
- Blind Pretrial Detainees Entitled to Treatment
- DOC Phone Rip Off, by Paul Wright
- From The Editor, by Paul Wright
- AT&T Exploits Prison Labor
- Peruvian Political Prisoners Mistreated, by Paul Wright
- Prison Riot Crushed in Venezuela
- New Video Tape Available
- Article Clarification Revisited, by RK
More from these topics:
- Second Circuit: Arrest for Not Leaving Sidewalk Entitled to Qualified Immunity, Jan. 19, 2018. Qualified Immunity, False Arrest.
- Eighth Circuit Holds Missouri Police Not Entitled to Immunity in Wrongful Death Suit, Jan. 16, 2018. Summary Judgment, Qualified Immunity, Sovereign Immunity, Wrongful Death, Police--Excessive Force.
- Arkansas Supreme Court: Religious Freedom Preliminary Injunction Requires Hearing, Jan. 8, 2018. Injunctions, Religious Freedom.
- $4,000 for Injuries After Prison Staff Ignore Bottom Bunk Directive, Jan. 3, 2018. Skeletal Injury, Injury -- Misc., Failure to Protect (General), Failure to Protect (Staff).
- $150,000 in Damages Ordered Paid to Injured Prisoner, Dec. 28, 2017. Brain Injury, Failure to Treat, Failure to Protect (General), Mental Health, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- No Qualified Immunity to Trooper Who Failed to Secure Treatment for Arrestee, Dec. 28, 2017. Failure to Treat, Arrest and Booking, Qualified Immunity.
- Florida Legislator Tackles Abuse of Juvenile Prisoners, Dec. 28, 2017. Sexual Assault, Prisoner-Prisoner Assault, Prison Reform, Excessive Force, Juveniles, Failure to Protect (Juveniles), Juvenile Prisons.
- BOP Agrees to Pay Attorney's Fees in Failed Attempt to Stop Construction of Private Prison in Pennsylvania, Dec. 27, 2017. Private Prisons, Attorney Fee Awards.
- No Qualified Immunity for Officer Who Beat and Tasered Mentally Ill Man to Death, Dec. 27, 2017. Stun Guns/Tasers, Civil Procedure, Qualified Immunity, Police--Excessive Force, Excessive Force (Wrongful Death), Excessive Force (Police).
- Violation of State Regulation Not a Constitutional Violation, Dec. 21, 2017. Drug/Alcohol Withdrawal, Obesity, Failure to Treat, Failure to Protect (General).