NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
Loaded on April 15, 1993 published in Prison Legal News April, 1993, page 3
On the Line
More from this issue:
- Three Strikes and You're Out, Again, by Ed Mead
- Release Not Appropriate Relief for Beatings
- Prison Escapes and Killings Down
- 24 Cops Killed in First Half of 1992
- Inquiry Stepped up in Georgia Prison Sex Case
- VA Builds More Prisons
- NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
- NYC Claims Prisoners Shoot Themselves to File Suit
- Death Row Prisoners Can Marry
- Denial of Winter Clothing Cruel and Unusual
- Punishment of Pretrial Detainees Unlawful
- Change in IFP Status Does Not Require Fee Payment
- Right to Religious Diet Clearly Established
- Confiscation of Law Books States Claim
- Infraction Suits Must Exhaust Administrative Remedies
- Wisconsin Lacks Adequate State Remedies for Due Process Violations
- Nominal Damages Awarded in Prison Rape Case
- State Liable for County Jail Overcrowding
- Damages Awarded to HIV+ Jail Prisoner
- Blind Pretrial Detainees Entitled to Treatment
- DOC Phone Rip Off, by Paul Wright
- From The Editor, by Paul Wright
- AT&T Exploits Prison Labor
- Peruvian Political Prisoners Mistreated, by Paul Wright
- Prison Riot Crushed in Venezuela
- New Video Tape Available
- Article Clarification Revisited, by RK
More from these topics:
- Evidence Scandal Leads to the Dismissal of over 140 Texas Criminal Cases, Nov. 16, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Police Misconduct.
- Former Utah Jail Commander Pleads Guilty to Misuse of Public Money, Nov. 7, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Jail Misconduct.
- The Elusive Dream: Closing Rikers Island, Nov. 6, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Guard Misconduct, Jail Misconduct, Prison Reform, Jail Specific.
- Global Tel*Link Fails to Derail Prison Phone Suit but Dodges Class Certification, Nov. 6, 2017. DOC/BOP misconduct, Telephones, Telephone Access, Telephone Rates.
- Leader of Fraudulent Scheme Targeting Prisoners Convicted, Sent to Prison, Aug. 29, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Reading Materials.
- A Prison Closes in Upstate New York, but Employees Continue to Show Up and Get Paid, April 24, 2017. DOC/BOP misconduct, Cost of Prison Systems, Guard Unions.
- Another Oregon Guard Arrested for Sex with Prisoner, March 13, 2017. Prisoner-Staff Assault, DOC/BOP misconduct.
- At Virginia's Supermax Prisons, Isolation and Abuse Persist Despite Reforms, Feb. 24, 2017. DOC/BOP misconduct, Corrections Audits, Prison Reform, Failure to Treat, Conditions of Confinement, Failure to Protect (General), Eighth Amendment, Guard Brutality/Beatings, Failure to Train/Supervise, Control Units, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness).
- No place to be sick: When jail cell becomes a death chamber, Feb. 24, 2017. DOC/BOP misconduct, Jail Misconduct, Medical, Systemic Medical Neglect, Failure to Treat, Failure to Protect (General), Jail Specific, Failure to Train/Supervise, Failure to Protect (Wrongful Death), Medical Neglect/Malpractice, Failure to Treat (Mental Illness), Suicides, Staff Training.
- BOP Pays $31,491 for Biased EEOC Investigation, Feb. 21, 2017. DOC/BOP misconduct, Gender Discrimination -- Women, Retaliation, Retaliation for Filing Grievances, Retaliation against Staff.