NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
Loaded on April 15, 1993 published in Prison Legal News April, 1993, page 3
On the Line
More from this issue:
- Three Strikes and You're Out, Again, by Ed Mead
- Release Not Appropriate Relief for Beatings
- Prison Escapes and Killings Down
- 24 Cops Killed in First Half of 1992
- Inquiry Stepped up in Georgia Prison Sex Case
- VA Builds More Prisons
- NY Corrections Commissioner Pleads Guilty
- NYC Claims Prisoners Shoot Themselves to File Suit
- Death Row Prisoners Can Marry
- Denial of Winter Clothing Cruel and Unusual
- Punishment of Pretrial Detainees Unlawful
- Change in IFP Status Does Not Require Fee Payment
- Right to Religious Diet Clearly Established
- Confiscation of Law Books States Claim
- Infraction Suits Must Exhaust Administrative Remedies
- Wisconsin Lacks Adequate State Remedies for Due Process Violations
- Nominal Damages Awarded in Prison Rape Case
- State Liable for County Jail Overcrowding
- Damages Awarded to HIV+ Jail Prisoner
- Blind Pretrial Detainees Entitled to Treatment
- DOC Phone Rip Off, by Paul Wright
- From The Editor, by Paul Wright
- AT&T Exploits Prison Labor
- Peruvian Political Prisoners Mistreated, by Paul Wright
- Prison Riot Crushed in Venezuela
- New Video Tape Available
- Article Clarification Revisited, by RK
More from these topics:
- Secret ATF Slush Fund Dispensed Millions, Jan. 19, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Government Misconduct.
- The Fair Punishment Project Details an “Epidemic of Brady Violations”, Jan. 19, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Prosecutor/Attorney General Misconduct, Criminal Prosecution, Attorney Misconduct, Sentencing, Wrongful Conviction, Wrongful Imprisonment, Criminal Procedure.
- Massachusetts Breathalyzer Malfunctions, Evidence Withheld, Jan. 19, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Police Misconduct, Prosecutor/Attorney General Misconduct, Criminal Prosecution, Criminal Procedure.
- Louisiana Prosecutors’ Traffic Ticket Industry Diverting Funds From Public Defenders, Jan. 19, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Prosecutor/Attorney General Misconduct, Attorney Misconduct, Public Defenders.
- Absurd, Abusive, and Outrageous: The Creation of Crime and Criminals in America, Jan. 9, 2018. Misconduct/Corruption, Police Misconduct, Government Misconduct, Judicial Misconduct, Prison Reform, Crime/Demographics, Crime, Statistics/Trends, War on Terror, War on Drugs.
- Florida: Private Prison Company Allowed to Overcharge State, Mistreat Prisoners, Jan. 8, 2018. Corrections Corporation of America/CoreCivic, Misconduct/Corruption, Contractor Misconduct.
- Controversy Surrounds Angola Prison Warden’s Retirement, Indictment of Family Members, Jan. 8, 2018. Guard Misconduct, DOC/BOP misconduct.
- Political Contributions Drove Juvenile Prison Privatization, Dec. 28, 2017. Private Prisons, Youth Services International, Misconduct/Corruption, Excessive Force, Money/Property, Failure to Protect (Juveniles), Juvenile Prisons.
- Did Ohio’s Prison Farm Sale Net Pennies on the Dollar?, Dec. 22, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Prison Labor.
- Petition Asks Massachusetts High Court to Dismiss 18,000 Drug Convictions Tainted by Chemist Who Falsified Results, Dec. 19, 2017. Misconduct/Corruption, Government Misconduct, Crime Labs.